Before founding his educational consulting firm in 1998, Dr. Scott F. Healy’s impressive career in higher education enrollment management spanned three decades at nine academic institutions. During this time and since then, Dr. Healy has helped private and public colleges and universities of all sizes to achieve institutional advancement by improving enrollment management and services, conducting national searches for higher education, and conducting enrollment audits.
Some of Dr. Healy’s Major Accomplishments
- Held leadership positions in admissions, enrollment management, student affairs, and financial aid at the following institutions: Southern Methodist University, Alfred University, Penn State University, The College of St. Rose, Ohio State University, Adelphi University, Utica College, University of Oklahoma, and Indiana University, NW.
- Earned Doctorate from Penn State University in 2000 in Higher Education Administration (Doctoral dissertation: Retention of Native American Students in Higher Education), M.A. in 1972 from Syracuse University, and a B.A. from Utica College of Syracuse University in 1969.
- Co-Founder of the Annapolis Institute: established in 1988, served over 3700 admissions, alumni, and enrollment management professionals from over 2300 colleges and universities in the development and enhancement of alumni, parent, and student volunteer programs in support of new student recruitment.
- Has been a featured speaker throughout the United States and in Europe as a representative from the Departments of Education and Defense.
- Has appeared on national and regional television and radio programs to include The Today Show.
- Co-founded The Southern Consortium on College Admissions combining the resources of 25 private colleges and universities from the south in the recruitment of students.
- Has authored and co-authored a number of articles and books on various aspects of higher education.
- Served for many years on the Presidential Scholarship Selection Committee for the Department of Education, the White House, and a number of Corporations through The College Board, ETS, and ACT.
- Served on various committees and spoke for many programs of The College Board, NACAC, AACRAO, NAGAP, and ACT.
Scott Healy’s Employment History
- Educational Consultant, Scott Healy & Associates – 1998 to Present
- Director of Admissions, Ohio State University – 1996-1998
- Assist. VP for Recruitment Services, The University of Oklahoma – 1993-1996
- VP for Enrollment Services, Adelphi University – 1992-1993
- Assist. VP and Director of Admissions, Penn State University – 1985-1992
- Director of Admissions, Southern Methodist University – 1979-1985
- Director of Admissions and Financial Aid/Acting Dean of Students, Indiana University – 1977-1979
- Director of Admissions, Alfred University – 1974-1977
- Director of Admissions, The College of St. Rose – 1972-1974
- Assoc./Assist. Director of Admissions, Utica College of Syracuse University – 1969-1972