- October 12, 2018
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- November 16, 2018
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
New Jersey Institute of Technology, in partnership with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Registrar. Under the leadership of the Associate Provost for Enrollment Management and Academic Services, the Registrar serves as an integral member of NJIT’s strategic enrollment management team. NJIT seeks an innovative leader with vision for leveraging emerging technologies to improve customer service delivery and process. The Registrar will oversee all functions related to the Registrar’s office including course and classroom scheduling, course registration, maintenance of student academic records, transfer credit course postings and the degree audit system, degree validation and graduation certification, enrollment reports, and compliance with academic policies and FERPA regulations. The Registrar is the officer responsible for oversight and administration of academic and student policies as they pertain to student records and maintenance of all academic information about NJIT's students.
• Cultivate internal and external relationships to better understand, support, and inform academic initiatives for all constituents and to develop and adapt registration polices and processes that support and advance student academic experiences and learning outcomes.
• Provide leadership and advice on issues related to academic policy, curriculum, and compliance with Federal laws and regulations, including FERPA to the University community.
• Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures and communicate these to all appropriate staff and immediate supervisor.
• Coordination/scheduling of the University's semester course offerings following accepted "best practices". The schedule must be organized in a coherent sequence addressing the curricular requirements of the university along with the patterns to optimize undergraduate and graduate enrollment.
• Interpret the University Catalog for all issues relative to credit and transfer policies and the acceptance of courses from other institutions as equivalents to NJIT courses by guidelines provided by the faculty governing bodies.
• Recruit, train and supervise office personnel including work allocation, and problem resolution. Evaluate personnel performance based on mutually established objectives. Uses best practices to motivate employees to achieve goals based on each employee's unique situation. Understand and follow appropriate employee relations requirements based upon in-place union contracts which may now and in the future apply to staff in the Office of the Registrar.
• Oversee all facets of the daily operations of the Office of the Registrar to ensure compliance with University, State, and federal laws, policies, and regulations. Confer with immediate supervisor if discrepancies are noted that would be in violation of laws, policies and regulations to obtain mutually developed solutions for remediation.
• Develop or assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the University to ensure efficient and safe operation conditions in the Office of the Registrar.
• Participate in the development and management of annual operating budgets for the Office of the Registrar.
• Oversee the University's Ellucian Banner (or any future student information system that the university may elect to use) registration modules and ensure that data systems support the needs of NJIT's academic mission. Evaluate existing registration technology and tools and make recommendations as appropriate. Lead the implementation of new applications and enhancements in order to support advanced services, special features and improved administrative processes.
• Experience at a functional and operational level for the use of student information system(s), on-line catalog management systems, classroom scheduling and optimization systems, degree audit systems, NSC enrollment and degree compliance reporting to US Department of Education and use of query tools for extracting and reporting of student information to all constituents with a right-to-know
• Understanding of FERPA and associated educational initiatives for a University community
• Direct experience with Banner by Ellucian systems
About The Institution
Attn: Mr. Jamie Marcus, Associate Vice President
To build a diverse workforce, NJIT encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. EEO employer.