Two (2) DPT 12-month Tenure Track Faculty Positions
- September 18, 2017
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- November 17, 2017
- University of the Sciences
The University of the Sciences (USciences), in partnership with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates (SH & A), is seeking two (2) dynamic individuals to join the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program in full-time, 12-month tenure track faculty positions. The successful candidates will join the department at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience. These positions offer individuals the opportunity to cultivate both your teaching and research agendas while developing the next generation of cutting edge Physical Therapists.
The Physical Therapy Department: The Department of Physical Therapy is one of 5 programs housed in the Samson College of Health Sciences: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physician Assistant, Exercise Science & Wellness Management, and Health Sciences. The Department has 12.5 FTE core faculty members engaged in a variety of clinical and scholarly activities. Along with recently renovated academic facilities, the Department has two comprehensive research labs, and provides physical therapy consultation/treatment in two pro-bono clinics that facilitate student learning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- developing and participating in scholarship;
- collaborating with other faculty to develop and deliver academic content;
- teaching in the curriculum;
- working collaboratively with core faculty, chairs, College of Health Sciences Dean, and other departments within the University;
- participating in service to the Department, College, and University, and student advising
The ideal candidates should have:
- earned academic doctorate (PhD, EdD or equivalent is REQUIRED);
- eligibility for PT licensure in Pennsylvania;
- experience in one of the following practice areas; cardiopulmonary, integumentary, health promotion, modalities, higher education, musculoskeletal or neurologic;
- experience in an academic environment inclusive of a record of excellence in teaching and a history of service to the profession
- a strong record of scholarship and distinguished history of teaching and service
- academic and experiential qualifications and backgrounds that are necessary to meet the program objectives and mission of the university, and CAPTE and APTA standards
- outstanding innovation, visionary, and leadership skills
About The Institution
USciences is a private, independent, health-sciences university located in the University City section of Philadelphia with 2,800 undergraduate and first professional degree students and 320 graduate students. For more information about the University and the Department, go to www.usciences.edu/pt.
About The Community
USciences is a part of the University City District (UCD) which has world-renowned anchor institutions, small businesses, and residents. Our area is rich with health systems that provide direct patient care as well as numerous opportunities for collaborative research and clinical practice. Our institution is within walking distance to the Philadelphia VA, Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania, the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and a city health center. UCD is also a vibrant place to work and live. It’s a destination for eclectic food, boasts excellent public transit, and also has bike lanes and numerous bike share locations. With a Walk Score of 90, it is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in Philadelphia. For more information about UCD, visit their website at: https://www.universitycity.org/
All correspondence relating to the two (2) PT faculty positions at USciences should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter outlining your experience as a physical therapist and/or in related fields in higher education.
2) A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within health related areas.
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission.
Applications submitted by November 17, 2017, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the positions are filled.