Executive Assistant Dean for Enrollment Management and Administration
- August 2, 2017
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 4, 2018
- Albany Medical College
Albany Medical College, in partnership with the national search firm of Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Administration. The Executive Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Administration will provide visionary and operational leadership for Enrollment Management and Operations and will work to effectively define, manage and achieve the College's growth and retention objectives and strategic plan. The Assistant Dean will manage division operations, set benchmarks, develop best practices, and measure progress toward strategic objectives employing empirical data. The Assistant Dean must be dedicated to collaborating with College and Center leadership, faculty and staff to advance student enrollment and retention.
The Assistant Dean will also oversee the planning process to attract, recruit, enroll and retain students with the goal of increasing overall student engagement, persistence and diversity. The Dean is expected to engage in professional development and successfully coach staff to meet benchmarks. The Assistant Dean will:
- Provide vision and strategic direction for enrollment management, marketing and communication.
- Design, implement, and monitor the enrollment plan, including enrollment targets, recruitment objectives, tactics and strategies.
- Develop and analyze admissions data, making informed decisions about short and long-range enrollment goals and market opportunities.
- Manage admissions staff and the Director of Student Records and conduct yearly performance evaluations.
- Organize the offices of admissions and student records; establish productivity standards, work-flow, etc.
- Develop marketing resources and strategic campaigns for student recruitment, including social media, web-based communications, web site management for recruitment purposes, and printed materials.
- Prepare and recommend the admissions and student records budget to the Dean.
- Develop strategic partnerships with faculty, academic deans, local business and industry to advance enrollment efforts and success. Establish and maintain strong public relations and liaisons with premedical advisors and colleagues at other institutions.
- Work closely with the Office of Student Affairs to foster an effective end-to-end enrollment management process and student development program.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean of Community Outreach & Medical Initiatives to design and implement tactical strategies and outreach programs aimed at increasing diversity within the AMC community.
- Establish and implement programs and procedures which are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations that will ensure the security, accuracy, and availability of records.
- Serve on institutional committees.
- Represent the Medical College at local, regional and national meetings and recruiting events.
- Oversee prospective student campus visits and Accepted Student Receptions.
- Directly supervise and provide leadership to 8 individuals with marketing, recruitment, and student advising responsibilities; includes oversight of the registrar and undergraduate medical admissions; recommend hiring, promotion, and dismissal of staff, as appropriate.
- Ensure the maintenance of all academic records according to FERPA and all other applicable laws.
- Develop and monitor LEAN academic project initiatives as a member of the College's LEAN Management Team.
- Assess effectiveness of instructional delivery as it relates to student retention in conjunction with the senor administrative team, deans and directors.
- Work effectively with the faculty, students, staff, alumni, medical profession, administration, and other constituencies to foster the development and implementation of quality allopathic medical education, research and scholarly activity, and service learning programs.
- Develop and support programs and policies related to equity, diversity, and inclusion for students, staff, and faculty
The selected Assistant Dean should have the following qualifications to be considered:
- Extensive and successful experience in enrollment management for 10 (ten) years or more in either the undergraduate, graduate, or professional arenas in higher education;
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably in medical school admissions or financial aid;
- Effective leadership in the areas of strategic marketing with the ability to motivate, guide, and work side-by-side with the admissions staff, faculty, and the faculty admissions committee;
- Sound knowledge, programmatic understanding and a proven approach in the use of technology in the areas of admissions, retention, and enrollment management;
- An earned Master’s degree;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple major tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrated sensitivity in dealing with matters involving applicants, students, faculty and staff, and be a strong team player.
Albany Medical School has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the institutional community. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are invited and encouraged to consider this opportunity and to apply.
About The Institution
One of the nation's oldest private medical schools, Albany Medical College prides itself in offering an intimate, collegial environment which fosters humane values and genuine learning. The institution was founded in 1839 with an initial enrollment of 57 students. Despite the many changes and developments which have occurred over the decades, the College still maintains a policy of limiting enrollment to a small group of carefully selected students - approximately 130 in each class.
The Albany Medical College promotes medical science and instruction across the curriculum and continually pursues excellence in the education of health care personnel, research in the basic and clinical medical sciences, and services to the community through delivery of patient care and the provision of appropriate resources.
About The Community
The Greater Albany, NY Community: Albany, the capital of New York State, is the hub of the Capital Region, which includes the nearby cities of Troy, Schenectady and Saratoga Springs, creating the fourth-largest urban area in New York. The area is rich in history, government and culture. Along with a vibrant scene for concerts, restaurants, and shopping, it is centrally located for easy access to New York City, Boston and Montreal.
The educational consulting firm of Scott Healy & Associates has been hired to oversee the national search process. Please refer all questions to Dr. Scott F. Healy at email@example.com. All inquiries, applications, and nominations will be held in the strictest confidence.
Dr. Scott F. Healy, President
Scott Healy & Associates
Send all materials electronically to include: a cover letter outlining your complete history and experience in admissions, enrollment management, and financial aid; a full and complete resume; and the names, affiliation, email, and direct phone numbers of five (5) professional references to: Dr. Scott F. Healy, Search Consultant for the Executive Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org by the priority deadline of September 6, 2017. The search will remain open until the position is filled.