Chair and Associate Professor or Professor, Department of Social Work
- August 16, 2023
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- September 29, 2023
- University of West Florida
University of West Florida (UWF), in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Chair and Associate Professor or Professor, Department of Social Work, position number 107510. This is a full time, 12-month, tenure track teaching and administrative appointment. The Chair will report to the Dean of the Usha Kundu, MD College of Health and will oversee the entire Social Work department, which offers a Bachelor and a Master of Social Work as well as various minors and certificate programs. University of West Florida seeks a dynamic leader with a passion for IPE and a commitment to student success and faculty development to serve in this important role.
- Serve as official representative to the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), overseeing all accreditation related matters, and provide leadership through teaching, scholarship, curriculum development, administrative experience, and other academic and professional activities in social work.
- Supervise BSW and MSW program faculty, recruit and develop faculty, monitoring workloads and performance.
- Oversee budget and manage program resources ethically and responsibly in accordance with University policy.
- In collaboration with faculty, plan, develop, and evaluate all courses and the overall curriculum.
- Review and evaluate data from course and instructor evaluations, graduate exit interviews, alumni surveys, and employer surveys to ensure student outcomes and goals are achieved.
- Maintain communication and coordination of the program with the faculty, clinical preceptors, and all individuals or disciplines involved with the program.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for effectively managing all components of the program in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures, including program admissions, retention, and completion to ensure fair, equitable, and considerable treatment of prospective and enrolled students.
- Teach required courses in the curriculum in areas of expertise, using innovative instruction and technology in the development and delivery of the curriculum.
- Engage across professional and disciplinary programs in interprofessional education to develop and grow the curriculum to ensure meaningful and collaborative opportunities in all aspects of the program.
- Maintain professional competence through practice, continuing education, scholarship, and community service.
- Represent the program to the community and healthcare organizations.
- Ensure adequate resources for systematically designing, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating field education.
- Work with institutional advancement and other departments to enhance corporate, employer, alumni, and other stakeholder relationships, developing additional resource opportunities.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must have an earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution with a specialization in Social Work or a closely related field and teaching experience.
- Doctorate in Social Work or closely related field from an accredited institution required.
- Teaching experience required.
- Ability to be appointed as an Associate Professor or Professor in the Department of Social Work required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and sensitivity to academic and personnel issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational and administrative ability.
- Ability to mentor faculty and personnel and promote their professional development.
- Ability and vision to develop inter-professional educational pathways and collaboration with related programs.
- Experience in academic administration preferred.
- Evidence of a minimum of five years of effective teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels in a Social Work program preferred.
- Presentation of an established research and practice record in Social Work preferred.
- Demonstrated history of service at university and community levels preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CSWE standards preferred.
- Experience in developing and supporting distance education, grant acquisition, and resource development preferred.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
About The Institution
About University of West Florida:
At the University of West Florida, we believe in the power of higher education to drive change. We see that impact on campus, in our region, across the state, and around the world. Our students confront challenges head-on, working collaboratively to solve them. Our faculty give them the tools to navigate choppy waters and the courage to seek new horizons.
UWF is located on a 1,600-acre nature preserve in Pensacola on Florida's Gulf Coast, and we have additional locations in the region and an ever-growing global online presence. We've awarded more than 100,000 degrees from 110+ undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
About the Usha Kundu, MD College of Health and the Social Work Department:
The Usha Kundu, MD College of Health strives to produce the health care and health industry experts that medical communities and companies require. Our programs offer an interprofessional education through hands-on experience at the University of West Florida with innovative programs that are taught across multiple disciplines, giving students a wide range of options for a professional career in the health industry.
The Social Work Department in the College of Health has been serving students since the early 1970s and currently has an enrollment of 200 BSW students, 100 MSW students, and 100 Social Work Minor students. The department offers an online MSW program and other online courses in addition to face-to-face courses on the Pensacola campus and in other locations in Northwest Florida.
About The Community
About Pensacola, FL:
The Pensacola metro area has a population of over 300,000 and is known for its sugar sand beaches, nearly 500 years of history, unique shopping, and luxurious places to stay. With some of the world’s most beautiful beaches and an abundance of outdoor activities, it is an easy place for all ages to enjoy. Check out www.visitpensacola.com to discover why Southern Living named Pensacola one of the country's top family-friendly destinations.
Located on the Florida Panhandle, Pensacola is also an hour from Mobile, AL, 2.5 hours from Panama City, and 3 hours from Tallahassee.
All inquiries relating to the position of Chair and Associate Professor or Professor, Department of Social Work at University of West Florida should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Danan Tsan, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website and the executive search consultant will provide all interested applicants with the direct link to apply. Applicants are required to attach a resume, cover letter, statement of research and contact information for three references. References will be contacted upon submission of this application. An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
The preferred response date for applications is September 29, 2023; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). A criminal background check is required for successful candidates. E-Verify is required for employment. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.