Vice President of Enrollment Management
- April 27, 2023
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 23, 2023
- Franciscan University of Steubenville
Franciscan University of Steubenville, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President of Enrollment Management (VPEM). The VPEM will be a member of the executive team and report directly to the President.
- Provides overall leadership and direction to admissions, financial aid, registrar, student accounts, and institutional research.
- In accordance with University Mission, Vision & Values: Takes specific steps to ensure the University’s mission, vision, and values are highly visible and integrated into all entities and activities of the division. Develops and consistently communicates a strong core ideology (who we are and how we behave) and vision (where we are going and what we are trying to achieve together) for the division. Develops and implements activities and programs that establish and maintain a sense of unity and shared purpose at all levels and across all units of the division. Aligns and prioritizes divisional financial and human resources around the University’s mission, vision, and strategies.
- Serves as a member of the President’s Council, particularly representing the needs required to sustain or grow enrollment.
- Works collaboratively with other division vice presidents/deans and their areas to advance enrollment growth and the mission of the University.
Universal Competency / Behavioral Requirements:
Maintain a strategic drive for results:
- Set, monitor, and achieve new student recruitment, and overall enrollment goals for undergraduate, graduate, and online programs;
- Establish process and procedures that are efficient and when possible;
- Implement “best practices” in recruitment.
Perform data analysis and data driven decision making:
- Monitor and benchmark metrics related to enrollment such as inquiry to application, inquiry to enrollment, admittance to enrollment, four- and six-year graduation rates, tuition discount rate, etc.;
- Implement strategic marketing tactics to enhance recruitment efforts in all areas.
- Must understand, embrace, embody, and desire to advance the University’s Catholic and Franciscan Mission. Seven to ten years of progressive experience in enrollment management in an academic setting including demonstrated leadership and management experience;
- A master’s degree is preferred;
- Experience in data-driven enrollment operations that result in sustained growth in enrollment, diversity, academic quality, and increased graduation rates;
- Track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies to drive enrollment growth and increase awareness of an institution’s programs and mission;
- Experience with developing financial aid leveraging and appropriate discounting to achieve new student enrollment, drive net tuition revenue, and improve graduation rates;
- Working knowledge of current methodologies in enrollment management, admissions processes, institutional marketing strategies, and strategic media relations;
- Experience with managing vendor partnerships;
- An understanding of strategic enrollment management practice and theory, including in-depth understanding of all functions of enrollment management as they pertain to undergraduate and graduate programs including student recruitment events, registration, financial aid, and revenue and expense budgeting outcomes;
- Experience with team leadership and professional development for staff;
- Experience in implementing and improving comprehensive enrollment and marketing/communication plans;
- The ability to work with the breadth of campus constituencies to create a comprehensive and effective enrollment management structure and environment.
About The Institution
About Franciscan University of Steubenville:
Franciscan University of Steubenville is a private Franciscan university in Steubenville, Ohio that was founded in 1946. The University currently offers 40 Bachelor’s Degree Majors and 11 Master’s Degree Programs to over 3,600 students. Knowledge, illuminated by faith, comes alive and leads students confidently into the world when studying at Franciscan University of Steubenville on the beautiful 241-acre campus. At Franciscan, exceptional education is grounded in a passionately Catholic faith tradition that takes you beyond yourself and into the community where you can evangelize and transform the culture.
About The Community
About Steubenville, Ohio:
Steubenville, Ohio, the county seat of Jefferson County, sits on the banks of the mighty Ohio River and is a city steeped in rich history and tradition. Known as the City of Murals, Steubenville is home to almost 20,000 citizens. Founded in 1797, Steubenville is a family friendly community with lovely neighborhoods and excellent schools which offer a wide variety of educational opportunities.
In Steubenville, you will enjoy touring the 17 downtown Historic Churches with each offering an interesting history and beautiful architecture; a tour of the 22 City Murals, depicting Steubenville’s history; a step back in time at Historic Fort Steuben and the original First Federal Land Office; and visiting the birthplace and hometown of Dean Martin, as well as dining at Steubenville’s many fine restaurants.
All correspondence relating to the position of Vice President of Enrollment Management at Franciscan University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Adam W. Barrett, Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by June 23, 2023 will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.