Chair, Department of Physical Therapy
- March 15, 2023
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- April 24, 2023
- Creighton University
Creighton University, a Catholic and Jesuit institution, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy for the Omaha program. Creighton seeks to employ a dynamic and collaborative leader who can build on the strengths of the past while exploring and embracing change for the future. The Department supports 20 core faculty members in a top-10 ranked professional doctoral program located in Omaha, Nebraska. The Nebraska-based Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program supports five accredited clinical residencies, a clinical practice, and diverse research agendas in multiple areas of scholarship, including highly competitive grant-based initiatives. The School of Pharmacy and Health Professions provides entry-level clinical doctorate programs in Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy and Physical Therapy, including DPT programs on two campuses, in Omaha and Phoenix, Arizona. Both DPT programs work collaboratively to offer an integrated curriculum experience for PT students. This Chair position, which serves as the Program Director, is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track administrative role with teaching responsibilities. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Oversight of the Physical Therapy department in Omaha, including DPT program assessment and planning, fiscal management, faculty hiring and evaluations, and curriculum.
- Strong leadership and direction in the planning, development, and delivery of the DPT program to maintain program excellence.
- Positive mentorship of faculty within the department.
- Accountability for CAPTE accreditation assessment and compliance.
- Active contributions to the curriculum and scholarship of the department, including fulfillment of a scholarly agenda.
- Active participation in the school’s administrative leadership team.
- Participation in and support of professional and community-based service.
- An earned academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc).
- A minimum of six years employment in higher education with three years as a core faculty member in an accredited DPT program.
- Licensed as a Physical Therapist in Nebraska, or eligible for licensure in NE.
- Eligible for a rank of Associate or Full Professor.
- Documented prior leadership, administrative, personnel, and budgetary experience.
- A commitment to educational leadership in a new and innovative environment.
- Demonstrated record of teaching and achievement in scholarly activities.
- Experience with and a strong desire for mentoring and developing others, providing direct feedback, and supporting a process to provide both junior and seasoned faculty with guidance and direction.
- A commitment to support realistic innovation and existing and new strategic initiatives identified by the faculty.
- Leadership in developing extramural-funded scholarship in a DPT program.
- A commitment to leadership in the tradition of Jesuit education.
About The Institution
About the Omaha DPT program:
Creighton University improved the landscape of physical therapy education with the creation of the nation’s first Doctor of Physical Therapy program in Omaha, Nebraska—a standard now followed by every PT program in the nation. Committed to national and international leadership in entry-level doctoral and post-professional residency education, the DPT program in Omaha has a unique, integrated curriculum focused on clinical reasoning, evidence-based practice, self-reflection and personal growth. Every student is encouraged to consider their calling to Physical Therapy as a component of their career aspirations.
About the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions:
Committed to making a difference in the lives of the individuals they serve, the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions offers unparalleled opportunities in pharmacy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy. In addition to the School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton offers academic programs in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physician Assistant studies and Paramedicine. Between collaboration among all health sciences programs at the university, and through an affiliation with CHI Health, the largest health system in the region, Creighton brings together the entire team of health care professionals to provide an interprofessional approach to treating the whole person. The mission goes beyond career training to include restoring health and affecting change in the lives of others.
About Creighton University:
Creighton is a Catholic and Jesuit comprehensive university committed to excellence in its selected undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. With programs spanning the arts, sciences, law, business and multiple health sciences fields, Creighton’s education embraces several colleges and professional schools and is committed to the intellectual, social, spiritual and physical aspects of students’ lives and to the promotion of justice.
About The Community
About Omaha, Nebraska:
Omaha, the largest city in the state of Nebraska, is both a college town and bustling city, with culture and midwestern charm to spare. It exemplifies the feeling of an intimate small-town setting, while offering big-city amenities for all types of interests. Located on the Missouri River (bordering with Iowa), Omaha has seen tremendous growth in recent years and boasts world class restaurants, live music, shopping, and plenty of access to green spaces. Whether you enjoy museums, live entertainment, walking across the Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge, or strolling through Omaha’s historically revitalized neighborhoods, there are captivating activities for all. Visitors and residents can take advantage of the Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, which is consistently ranked as one of the top five zoos in the world. Despite being ranked by US News as one of the Best Places to Live (28th) and Best Cities to Raise a Family (7th), Omaha has a cost of living that is significantly lower than other comparable metropolitan areas in the United States. To learn more, please see www.visitomaha.com.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Danan Tsan, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of a minimum of four references
Applications received by April 24, 2023 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Creighton University is an EEO Employer.