Principal Faculty Member in the Master of Medical Science, Physician Assistant Program
- March 9, 2023
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- October 30, 2023
- George Fox University
George Fox University, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Principal Faculty Member in the Master of Medical Science, Physician Assistant Program. Principal faculty members support the Program Director in development and delivery of education in the Physician Assistant program.
Physician Assistant (PA) Faculty members at George Fox work collaboratively to support the mission of the Program: To develop well-informed, resilient, and compassionate PAs who provide patient-centered and service-oriented care in diverse environments to transform healthcare for the benefit of individuals and their communities.
The PA Program at George Fox University is a six-semester, 112-credit program that awards a Master of Medical Science (MMSc) degree. The full-time program starts a new cohort each January, with classes held in-person at the University’s new state-of-the-art Medical Sciences Building in Newberg, as well as affiliated clinic sites in the second year.
Program Duties include:
- Review and participate in revisions, as necessary, of the program mission statement, goals and competencies of the program.
- Participate in development, planning, and continuous program evaluation (review and analysis).
- Participate in accreditation activities.
- Participate in faculty development and coordination of activities.
- Participate in student recruitment and selection.
- Participate in clinical site visits.
General Education Duties:
- Participate in the PA programs delivery of curriculum (student instruction).
- Participate in the evaluation of student performance.
- Provide remedial instruction when needed.
- Participate in designing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the curriculum.
- As necessary, provide academic counseling and student tutoring.
- If desired, participate in clinical practice, scholarly activities, or advanced education.
- Additional duties as needed and assigned by the program director.
- Master’s degree or higher in health-related field. Physicians (MD/DO) may fill this role
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience preferred.
- PA principal faculty may be required to hold current NCCPA certification as a condition of employment.
About The Institution
About George Fox University:
George Fox University is Oregon’s nationally recognized Christian university, committed to providing students with personal attention, global opportunities to learn and serve, and a supportive community that encourages academic rigor and spiritual growth. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. The beautiful 108-acre campus at George Fox is home to traditional undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as residence halls, the lush Hess Creek Canyon, and facilities for academics, athletics and performing arts.
George Fox University is also an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty. You can read more about the values of George Fox at http://www.georgefox.edu/diversity/.
About The Community
About Newberg and Portland, Oregon:
Newberg is a small city just outside of Portland that has recently been drawing attention as a sought-after food destination, with two restaurants that were recognized with James Beard Award nominations this year. You can also enjoy the outdoors at Ewing Young Historical Park or the Central Newberg Urban Trails or stop to visit the Hoover-Minthorn House Museum. Newberg is also just 1.5 hours from the beautiful Oregon coast, including Pacific City. Pacific City is a peaceful beachfront town offering plenty of outdoor pursuits. Thanks to a natural breakwater, Pacific City’s beach is a favorite spot for surfers and anglers. You can learn more about the scene in and around Newberg at https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/cities/newberg/.
Newberg is also just 25 miles southwest of Portland, which is Oregon’s largest city. It has world-renowned chefs and hundreds of food carts, art in theaters and outside on the street, the world’s largest independent bookstore, a multitude of craft breweries, and a huge urban forest. There is an Art Museum, a Science Museum, a zoo, and Portland’s own Oaks Amusement Park to explore. Learn more about all the fun things to do in Portland at https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/cities/portland/.
All correspondence relating to the position of Principal Faculty Member in the Master of Medical Science, Physician Assistant Program at George Fox University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Jamie Marcus, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.); and
- Integration of Faith and Learning essay*
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
*Integration of Faith and Learning essay: As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries). George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives.
George Fox University is dedicated to the policy of equal opportunity in its employment practices, and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disability.