Director of Nursing
- October 21, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- December 5, 2022
- College of Mount Saint Vincent
The College of Mount Saint Vincent (CMSV, or the Mount), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, is accepting applications and nominations for an innovative and exceptional Director of Nursing. CMSV seeks a motivated leader to usher the Department of Nursing into the future of healthcare education, enhance the programmatic offerings, and create meaningful educational and clinical opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students alike. The ideal candidate will gain a clear understanding of the Mount’s Catholic liberal arts mission and provide transformative leadership for the College’s nursing programs. Reporting to the Provost and Dean of the College, the Director of Nursing serves as the chief academic officer of the Nursing programs.
Although the position does not automatically include faculty rank or tenure, rank and tenure-track status may be considered dependent upon previous rank and tenure held at an accredited academic institution. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- With the support of the interim Associate Director of Nursing, oversee day-to-day operation of the Department of Nursing, including managing personnel and department budget.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with CCNE and NYSED regulations and accreditation requirements.
- Oversee maintenance and expansion of clinical affiliation agreements.
- Recruit new faculty and administrators, including clinical simulation experts.
- Serve on department and College-wide committees.
- Engage in student recruitment at Admission events.
- Participate in academic advisement of Nursing students.
- Work with academic advisement on identifying key success markers and student success plan.
- Work with partners and potential partners in regional health care systems.
- Other duties as assigned by the Provost or President of the College.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., or D.N.P.) in Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in New York State.
- Academic and leadership experience.
- Established teaching, research and practice.
About The Institution
About the College of Mount Saint Vincent:
Founded by the Sisters of Charity of New York, the College of Mount Saint Vincent is an academically excellent, authentically inclusive, Catholic and ecumenical independent liberal arts college. Committed to the Vincentian/Setonian tradition and ecumenism, the Mount offers more than 70 nationally recognized programs, including a full array of majors and minors in the sciences and mathematics, the humanities, arts, and social sciences, and professional preparation in accounting, business, communication, education, and nursing. At CMSV, a student’s education extends beyond knowledge, skills and preparation for work. We seek the development of the whole person. In the spirit of Vincent de Paul and Elizabeth Ann Seton, we foster an understanding of our common humanity, a commitment to human dignity, and a full appreciation of our obligations to each other.
About the Nursing programs:
The College has a rich history and strong reputation for preparing nurses for successful lives and careers, offering traditional undergraduate, second degree accelerated nursing, and graduate nursing degree opportunities including an FNP certificate. The nursing program, which is frequently recognized for its outstanding commitment to student success, is one of CMSV’s most rigorous and competitive academic programs. With small classes and a close proximity to the resources and opportunities of New York City, students enjoy personalized attention in addition to an assigned advisor. Many online resources, including online testing and experiential learning, are another feature of this highly sought-after program.
About The Community
About The Bronx and Riverdale, NY:
Part of New York City, Riverdale in the Bronx is situated along the banks of the Hudson River, just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan. Quiet neighborhoods and lively commercial areas with movie theaters, shops, and restaurants are a perfect complement to the 70-acre campus of rolling lawns and wooded hills of the idyllic campus. The Mount’s ideal location truly offers the best of both worlds.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Danan Tsan, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of a minimum of three references
Applications received by December 5, 2022 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary range is $190,000-$200,000.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to provide equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.