Open Rank Physical Therapy Faculty Member
- September 13, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- May 15, 2023
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Open Rank Physical Therapy Faculty Member. The Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health Professions at UT Health San Antonio is looking for a 12-month tenure-track faculty to join our team. The ideal candidate will have university teaching experience and will enhance the department’s teaching and scholarship in their area of expertise. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with experience and track record.
- Participating in ongoing curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Teaching assigned courses, such as the first - year clinical foundational courses and physical therapy across the lifespan course;
- Advising and mentoring students in research and other areas;
- Establishing and maintaining a record of research and scholarly productivity;
- Providing community and professional service; and
- Participation in program, school, and university committees as appropriate.
- Terminal degree (e.g. PhD, EdD, DSc, or DrPH) in Physical Therapy or related field to be completed by the start date.
- An individual with a DPT, ABPTS Board Certification, and significant clinical experience will be considered.
- Physical Therapy license in any US jurisdiction or fully eligible.
- Track record of externally funded research to include current funding; preferably federal funding (e.g., NIH/PCORI/DoD/NIDILRR).
- Peer reviewed publications.
- Experience teaching in a physical therapy professional program
- Academic Leadership experience.
- Service experience in local, regional, national, or international organizations.
About The Institution
About University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio (UT Health):
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is one of the country’s leading academic health centers. UT Health ranks among the top health science universities worldwide in receiving National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding and has provided outstanding health science education and training since its founding in 1968.
The mission of UT Health San Antonio is to make lives better through excellence in education, research, health care and community engagement. Strategies for achieving this mission include:
- Educating a diverse student body to become excellent health care providers and scientists;
- Engaging in research to understand health and disease;
- Providing compassionate and culturally proficient health care;
- Engaging our community to improve health;
- Influencing thoughtful advances in health policy.
In fulfillment of this mission, UT Health San Antonio seeks to provide the best in health career education, conduct groundbreaking biomedical research, while also providing the best patient care and community service to San Antonio and the South Texas/Border Region. With undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs, UT Health San Antonio is a major academic health science university composed of five schools: School of Medicine, School of Health Professions, School of Nursing, Dental School, and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. For more information on UT Health visit our website at uthscsa.edu.
About The School of Health Professions:
As an integral part of UT Health San Antonio, the School of Health Professions (SHP) seeks to make lives better through excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, service and patient care. The SHP strives to educate a diverse student body in becoming outstanding health care practitioners, scientists and leaders; advance health research and scholarship; and provide health services and education to the community.
The SHP offers graduate degrees in Medical Laboratory Sciences (MS), Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS), Respiratory Care (MS) and Speech Language Pathology (MS) and advanced training through doctoral degree programs in Occupational Therapy (OTD) and Physical Therapy (DPT). A new PhD in Health Sciences program to prepare future faculty and researchers in allied health was recently approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) to begin Fall of 2020. The school also offers several undergraduate (BS) degree programs including respiratory care, medical laboratory science and emergency health sciences.
About The Community
About the San Antonio, TX, Community:
San Antonio is a dynamic and multi-cultural metropolitan area in the south-central part of the state. With a population of more than 2.23 million people, the greater San Antonio region is the 25th largest metropolitan area in the United States, with more growth on the horizon. It’s the second-largest populated city in Texas and seventh in the U.S.
San Antonio lays claim to six Fortune 500 companies and the South Texas Medical Center, the only medical research and care provider in the South Texas region.
San Antonio has a strong military presence as well. Fort Sam Houston, Lackland Air Force Base, Randolph Air Force Base (which constitute Joint Base San Antonio), the Kelly Field Annex, and Brooks City-Base are in or near the city.
Famous for its Spanish missions – which are World Heritage Sites – the Alamo, the River Walk, the Tower of the Americas, the Alamo Bowl, and major theme parks, the city is visited by approximately 26 million tourists annually. The city is also home to the five-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs and the annual San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, one of the largest of its kind in the country.
All correspondence relating to the position of Open Rank Physical Therapy Faculty Member at University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by May 15, 2023 will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.