Executive Director of Enrollment Development, Marketing and Communications
- August 18, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- September 30, 2022
- Northeast College of Health Sciences
Northeast College of Health Sciences, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director of Enrollment Development, Marketing and Communications. Northeast College of Health Sciences seeks a dynamic and experienced professional to serve in this role to effectively lead the college’s enrollment development and admissions marketing and communication efforts.
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment and Planning, the Executive Director (ED) of Enrollment Development, Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of the strategic enrollment plan (SEM) and initiatives to accomplish established enrollment goals. The ED provides strategic leadership and support for education partnerships, admissions communications, CRM management, and digital brand and lead generation marketing functions, including freelance professionals and marketing partners contracted to maximize enrollment as defined by institutional goals and strategic initiatives. A major component of this position is to oversee the development and implementation of the college’s admission marketing and communication efforts ensuring alignment with established branding and messaging guidelines to enhance the college’s market position and reputation.
- Implement and oversee the admissions marketing plan and works in tandem with the marketing and communications office to promote the programs, college, and brand to bring in prospective students. In addition, develop communication and marketing strategies to move prospective students successfully through the enrollment funnel.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications office with respect to website enhancements, SEO, social networking channel performance, and institutional brand building efforts. Ensure consistent creativity and messaging across audiences and platforms.
- Understands the college’s market and competition trends within the higher education landscape to inform decision making and initiative development.
- Utilize experience and knowledge to bring best practices in recruitment and digital marketing activities, including, but not limited to, SEM, digital display, SEO, social media, email marketing communication flows, and web. Incorporate traditional marketing activities into the mix as appropriate.
- Manage enrollment and admissions marketing data collection, processes and integration and uses such data to implement the strategic enrollment plan and initiatives.
- Routinely collaborates with faculty, staff, and administration on recruitment and enrollment strategies to ensure an optimal prospective student enrollment experience.
- Use data-informed decision-making to execute effective and modern marketing approaches and initiatives. Track leads to enrollment metrics, lead sourcing, and activities and funnel activities to make recommendations and/or to adapt quickly based on findings.
- Provide creative direction and oversight of admissions marketing collateral for digital and print (brochures, pamphlets, videos, social content media, etc.) for program promotion.
- Keep the Vice President of Enrollment and Planning apprised on the development, implementation, and results of the strategic enrollment plans and initiatives.
- Knowledgeable and supports compliance with all state, federal and/or accreditation requirements regarding recruitment, admission and enrollment.
- Apply creative technology solutions that enable improved results in enrollment, brand management, and overall admissions office operational effectiveness.
- Manages and is fiscally responsible for the Admissions department budget.
- Undertake special projects as requested by the Vice President of Enrollment and Planning.
- Participate in College committees.
- Engage in ongoing professional development activities and encourage direct reports to participate in professional development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required (marketing, communications, sales, business or related field); Master’s degree preferred.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in marketing, with a focus on enrollment/recruitment marketing and communications preferred.
- Three or more years of higher education experience in college admissions, recruitment and enrollment preferred.
- Experience with sales and marketing to reach targeted audiences and in leading paid digital media, traditional media, SEO and social media paid and organic strategies.
- Supervisory/management experience; ability to lead a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and communication skills; public speaking/presentation ability.
- Ability to carry out many different initiatives simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor.
- Basic proficiency in PC use, Microsoft Office programs, student information system and CRM (Slate preferred).
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, multi-task work environment.
- Valid driver’s license due to travel requirements.
About The Institution
About Northeast College of Health Sciences:
Northeast College of Health Sciences, formerly New York Chiropractic College, is situated in the Finger Lakes region of New York State and is nestled on a 286-acre site next to Cayuga Lake. Northeast College has all the benefits of an independent, close-knit community while also being just a short drive from cities such as Rochester and Syracuse. Northeast College is among the best academic institutions in the country, providing outstanding healthcare education for more than 100 years. Northeast’s academic programs in health sciences like chiropractic, nutrition, human anatomy & physiology instruction share a deep dedication to training healthcare professionals who reimagine health and transform lives. We are committed to training the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and we strive to foster an environment of academic excellence and are devoted to best practices, best health and wellness for all. Our leadership, at all levels, is committed to supporting our diverse student body on their path to success.
To accomplish this, Northeast has a strategic plan that focuses on five priority areas which guide the institution’s actions. As we look to grow enrollment in our existing programs, we look forward to, offering new academic programs, continuing to beautify our Seneca Falls campus, enhance services and partnerships, and evolve our well-established reputation as a distinguished college of health science education. We are at a pivotal time in the college’s history where our strategic initiatives have taken root, and the campus community is excited to embrace the changes that will propel Northeast forward while committing to our mission of academic excellence, leadership and professional best practices.
About The Community
About the Seneca Falls, New York Community:
Northeast College of Health Sciences is situated on a spectacular lakeside location and surrounded by over 80 miles of scenic byways — perfect for running, cycling, or a relaxing drive. Apart from simply the ability to study, work and live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, there is much to do in the Finger Lakes region of New York.
Every year, people flock to the Finger Lakes region, visiting for its many wineries, breweries, summer, and winter recreation, or merely to breathe in the scenic views, and there are many others who call this region our home. Year-round, no matter the season, there is always an event, festival, activity, or something new to explore and discover. But while the area offers fresh and exciting experiences, it is also steeped in history.
Seneca Falls is often referred to as the Gateway to the Finger Lakes. Our town is conveniently situated between the cities of Rochester and Syracuse, NY. A beautiful and historic town, Seneca Falls is widely believed to be the inspiration for Frank Capra's holiday classic, "It's A Wonderful Life". Come and visit the village and locations that inspired Mr. Capra in his visits to Seneca Falls in the early 1900's.
Seneca Falls gained its reputation for social and religious reform in the mid-19th century as residents supported the Underground Railroad and women’s suffrage. The Seneca Falls Convention was the first women’s rights convention in the United States. Held in July 1848 in Seneca Falls, New York, the meeting launched the women’s suffrage movement, which more than seven decades later ensured women the right to vote. Several historic landmarks and museums tell the story of Seneca Falls’ history of progress and freedom, including the Elizabeth Cady Stanton House, Seneca Museum of Waterways and Industry, and the Women’s Rights National Historic Park, to name a few.
All correspondence relating to the position of Executive Director of Enrollment Development, Marketing and Communications at Northeast College of Health Sciences should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive search consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by September 30, 2022 will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Northeast College of Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against students or employees on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or handicapping conditions (or any other protected status) in its educational programs, financial aid, activities, admissions and employment practices.