Program Director for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program
- June 2, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- July 17, 2022
- Thiel College
Thiel College, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Program Director for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program. Thiel College seeks an experienced new Program Director to provide leadership for all aspects of the M.S. in Physician Assistant Program. The position of Program Director is a 12-month, full time position that reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Serve as the primary representative of the program in all areas of the work of the College;
- Oversee the hiring, onboarding, evaluation, and management of faculty and staff in the program;
- Administer departmental assessment, reports, and program review;
- Work with Admissions to recruit and admit students into the undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Lead the Admission process for students into the graduate program;
- Be responsible to ensure initial and continued specialized accreditation for the M.S. in Physician Assistant Program;
- Coordinate planning for special program activities, including conferences, workshops, graduation reception, and other similar functions in consultation with the faculty and Clinic Director;
- Submit to the VPAA each year an annual report on the progress of the program toward accreditation, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, PANCE pass rate, semester and end-of-the year reports of clinic participation, etc;
- Provide budget efficiency;
- Schedule graduate courses;
- Collaborate with the Health Professions Institute;
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant to the program, the Clinic Director, and oversee all faculty in the program;
- Continue education for topics relevant to the field;
- Participate in periodic training on topics of nondiscrimination, prevention of harassment, prevention of sexual misconduct, and other topics as required;
- Participate in general safety training and ergonomics training relevant to an office environment; and Perform other related duties as assigned as related to the success of the M.S. in the Physician Assistant program.
- Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program;
- At least three years of experience in higher education;
- Must be currently certified by NCCPA;
- Licensed in Pennsylvania as a Physician Assistant or eligible to seek and gain licensure;
- Experience teaching in a Physician Assistant program and in curriculum development;
- Prior experience guiding a program through the ARC-PA accreditation process and management experience highly desirable.
About The Institution
About Thiel College:
Thiel College is an independent liberal arts, sciences and professional studies institution committed to providing quality undergraduate education. Founded in 1866 as a coeducational institution in western Pennsylvania, Thiel College is an independent liberal arts college rooted in the Lutheran tradition. Offering distinctive programs in the arts and humanities, social and natural sciences, and professional studies, together with engaging co-curricular and athletic opportunities, Thiel provides an accessible and inclusive learning environment that emphasizes service to society. Thiel’s residential campus offers a safe and supportive setting in which to grow and learn. Thiel’s campus in Greenville, Pennsylvania also isn't far from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Erie, which allows students to explore and pursue a variety of internship opportunities.
About the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program:
The mission of the Thiel College's Master of Science in Physician Assistant program is to graduate physician assistants who have the disciplinary knowledge and skills, clinical preparation and dispositions to provide excellent patient care and serve the needs of their community. Each year, a total of 40 students may enter the graduate PA training program. The program strives to empower individuals to reach their full potential by creating a collaborative and inclusive learning environment that ensures educational excellence, emphasizes service to society, and promotes ethical leadership. The faculty and staff are passionate about helping our students succeed and create a supportive atmosphere to prepare students for careers and lives of meaning and purpose.
About The Community
About the Greenville, PA Area:
Thiel College is proud to call Greenville, PA, and the greater Mercer County area, its home. The Greenville area and Thiel are more than just neighbors. Thiel is committed to working with area partners and organizations to make the community an even better place to live, work, learn and play. Located along the beautiful and historic Shenango River, Greenville lies roughly 90 minutes from Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and Erie. Greenville itself boasts seven beautiful parks, the biggest being Riverside Park, which houses its own recreation center and outdoor amphitheater. You can also find community theater, and three museums to explore. Residents have access to fine public and parochial schools, a highly respected hospital system, excellent restaurants, numerous service organizations, and nearby lake areas for recreation, camping and ample fishing.
You can learn more about Greenville and Mercer County here: https://www.visitmercercountypa.com/
All correspondence relating to the position of Program Director for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Program at Thiel College should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive search consultant:
Erin House, Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by July 17, 2022, will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Thiel College is committed to attracting a culturally and professionally diverse faculty and staff who engage our students by providing a rich and fulfilling curricular and co-curricular experience.