Executive Director for Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships
- June 1, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- October 24, 2022
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director for Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships. The Executive Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of recruitment plans and activities that increase the academic quality and headcount of new students to achieve enrollment and net revenue goals set by the University. The Executive Director will also work closely with a variety of campus partners to ensure new student matriculation and support. The University of Alabama at Birmingham seeks an experienced and dynamic leader to serve in this important role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with financial aid, digital strategy and marketing, faculty, and other units to develop comprehensive enrollment plans;
- Collaborate with strategic partners through technology-enabled solutions to optimize yield and financial aid;
- Routinely assess/report ROI and key performance indicators for recruitment initiatives and activities, as well as application conversion rates and yield;
- Lead the managers of the unit's operations and contribute to the development of processes, policies, and procedures related to recruitment and enrollment, such as data management and application processing with technologies (e.g., Ellucian, Sales Force, and Next Gen);
- Manage undergraduate admission and scholarship web content and new student communications;
- Hire, lead, and professionally develop staff; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management.
- Master's degree in relevant field;
- A minimum of ten years of leadership experience in undergraduate admissions;
- A track record of growing undergraduate headcount and revenue;
- Management experience, and an innovative spirit;
- Superior writing skills;
- Strong analytic and reporting ability;
- Creativity and organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on committees and project teams;
- Ability to adapt and prioritize in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills using relational databases;
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Ability to bring projects to completion and meet deadlines.
- Doctorate degree in relevant field.
About The Institution
About The University of Alabama at Birmingham:
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a comprehensive urban university with a nationally recognized academic health center. UAB is the only public, four-year degree granting university in the state's largest metropolitan area, the largest research institution in the state of Alabama, and is also the largest single employer in the state. The University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees in Arts & Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering, Health Professions, Nursing and Public Health. First-professional schools at UAB include Dentistry, Medicine and Optometry.
The mission of UAB is to serve students, patients, the community and the global need for discovery, knowledge dissemination, education, creativity, and the application of groundbreaking solutions. UAB is a leader among comprehensive public urban research universities with academic medical centers, and seeks to provide 21st century, world-class, socially responsible education that prepares diverse students to lead, teach, provide professional services and become prominent scholars and societal leaders of the future.
About The Community
About Birmingham, Alabama:
As the largest city in Alabama, Birmingham boasts a metropolitan population of over one million people. Birmingham is known as the “dinner table of the south,” with many James Beard Foundation award winners and nominees, and of course, the country’s best barbeque. Birmingham is also a national leader in urban green spaces, with thousands of wooded acres for biking and hiking within minutes of downtown in various parks. You can visit the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum, attend the Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, see international films at the Sidewalk Film Festival, tour the nation’s oldest baseball park that hosted baseball greats such as Jackie Robinson, Ty Cobb, and Babe Ruth, or learn about the heart of the Civil Rights Movement in the historical Civil Rights District. Though iron and steel production gave rise to the city of Birmingham, the area’s largest employer is now the healthcare industry. You can learn more about the city of Birmingham at https://www.birminghamal.gov/about/.
All correspondence relating to the position of Executive Director for Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships at The University of Alabama at Birmingham should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Jamie Marcus, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by October 24, 2022, will receive priority consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of, race, national origin, age, genetic or family medical history, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.