Program Director, Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program
- May 31, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- August 8, 2022
- George Fox University
George Fox University, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Program Director, Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program. George Fox University is seeking an experienced leader to direct the developing Master’s in Occupational Therapy (MOT) program. The ideal applicant will bring experience and knowledge regarding higher education administration and leadership, along with expertise in the field of occupational therapy. The Program Director reports directly to the Executive Dean of the Wellness Enterprise. The role of Program Director is a full-time, 11-month position.
- Working with our current consultant and University leadership to ensure alignment of mission, aims, and goals between the program and the University;
- Ensuring that all accreditation standards, as determined by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education and by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, are met;
- Leadership, management, and administration of the program;
- Compliance with all ACOTE standards, including maintenance of accreditation;
- Strategic planning;
- Selection of faculty and staff;
- Overseeing and implementing strategies for professional development of faculty and staff;
- Teaching within area of expertise;
- Advising students;
- Contributing to the scholarship agenda of the MOT program;
- Engaging in service for the MOT program, University, community, and profession;
- Overseeing of curriculum design to ensure delivery of the broad scope of occupational therapy practice;
- Program planning and evaluation;
- Demonstration of relational competency in working with faculty, staff, and administration; and
- Performing all other duties as assigned by the Executive Dean of the Wellness Enterprise.
- Earned doctoral degree in an area of study which compliments the department;
- Must hold a current Oregon license in Occupational Therapy, license in good standing (or be eligible for licensure in Oregon);
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience as an occupational therapist;
- Evidence of engagement in scholarly work with evidence of dissemination of work; and
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level.
- Prior or current experience with developing occupational therapy or occupational therapy assistant programs.
- Experience with ACOTE accreditation process.
Program Director Characteristics:
The PD must be a leader of character, competency, calling, and collaboration:
- Character - traits and values that are consistent with a Christ-centered relational approach to leadership.
- Competency - demonstrated leadership skills and requisite educational/professional attainment and experience.
- Calling - committed to Christ and the Church, Christian higher education, and the mission and goals of the University.
- Collaboration - commitment to team processes which emphasize diplomacy and other-oriented focus.
About The Institution
About George Fox University:
George Fox University is Oregon’s nationally recognized Christian university, committed to providing students with personal attention, global opportunities to learn and serve, and a supportive community that encourages academic rigor and spiritual growth. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. The beautiful 108-acre campus at George Fox is home to traditional undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as residence halls, the lush Hess Creek Canyon, and facilities for academics, athletics and performing arts.
George Fox University is also an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty. You can read more about the values of George Fox at http://www.georgefox.edu/diversity/
About the Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program:
The MOT program is set to launch its first cohort in Fall, 2024. The program will be seeking ACOTE accreditation. In recent years, the University evaluated the healthcare landscape in the Northwest, which included dialogue with local partners and extensive market research. Nationally, the demand for occupational therapists is expected to grow 16 percent – much faster than the average for all professions – between 2019 and 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
About The Community
About Newberg and Portland, Oregon:
Newberg is a small city just outside of Portland that has recently been drawing attention as a food destination, with two restaurants that were recognized with James Beard Award nominations this year. You can also enjoy the outdoors at Ewing Young Historical Park or the Central Newberg Urban Trails or stop to visit the Hoover-Minthorn House Museum. Newberg is also just 1.5 hours from the beautiful Oregon coast, including Pacific City. Pacific City is a peaceful beachfront town offering plenty of outdoor pursuits. Thanks to a natural breakwater, Pacific City’s beach is a favorite spot for surfers and anglers. You can learn more about the scene in and around Newberg at https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/cities/newberg/.
Newberg is just 25 miles southwest of Portland, which is Oregon’s largest city. It has world-renowned chefs and hundreds of food carts, art in theaters and outside on the street, the world’s largest independent bookstore, a multitude of craft breweries, and a huge urban forest. There is an Art Museum, a Science Museum, a zoo, and Portland’s own Oaks Amusement Park to explore. Learn more about things to do in Portland at https://traveloregon.com/places-to-go/cities/portland/.
All correspondence relating to the position of Program Director, Master’s of Occupational Therapy Program at George Fox University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Jamie Marcus, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
A complete application should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three (3) professional references with contact information, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (No references will be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications received by August 8, 2022, will receive priority consideration.
George Fox University is dedicated to the policy of equal opportunity in its employment practices, and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, veteran status, marital status or disability.