Open Rank ELMSN Faculty
- March 21, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 10, 2022
- University of the Pacific
The University of the Pacific (Pacific), School of Health Sciences in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for a master’s degree or doctorly prepared registered nurse to join the ELMSN program and fill a clinical/academic non-tenure-track, or tenure-track position at the Assistant, Associate, or Professor rank (depending on qualifications and academic experience). This opportunity is for a Medical/Surgical/Gero Specialty appointment with a three-year contract. The position includes use of support for research, professional development, and scholarly activities.
- Teaching Medical/Surgical/Gero specialty content in both didactic and clinical;
- Advising students;
- Participating in simulation, curriculum development, and interprofessional education;
- Overseeing clinical adjuncts and placement of students in clinical agencies;
- Managing required clinical documentation through a tracking system;
- Assisting with student and part-time faculty orientation;
- Assisting with accreditation preparation activities;
- Attending program, curriculum, and other campus committee meetings;
- Contacting clinical agencies;
- Orienting and evaluating part-time faculty;
- Interviewing prospective students; and
- Effective teaching, interprofessional collaboration, research, creative activity, and service to the University.
- MSN in Nursing or related field.
- A current, active and unencumbered California RN License.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a nurse in content specialty area (Medical/Surgical/Gero) within the last five (5) years.
- Eligible for approval as a BRN approved faculty by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- A terminal degree in Nursing (PhD or DNP, or EdD). with a Master’s degree in nursing or a related field. ABD candidates are encouraged to apply with the premise they will finish their dissertation within two (2) years of appointment.
- A minimum of two (2) years of instructional experience teaching in an academic setting.
- Knowledge and skills related to teaching adults/older adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, evaluations, or willingness to plan for acquisition of these skills not later than the first year of teaching.
- BRN approval as a content expert.
- Experience in using Canvas or other LMS.
- Expertise in simulation or other innovative teaching modalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching students from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Computer literacy.
- Eligibility to be qualified for teaching Gero content or complete BRN remediation for Gero.
- Possess the health qualifications to teach students in the clinical setting.
About The Institution
About the Nursing Program and the School of Health Sciences:
University of the Pacific has expanded its health science programs on the Sacramento campus to offer an accelerated graduate nursing degree program: the Entry Level Master of Science in Nursing (ELMSN) Program. This program is uniquely designed for students who have a bachelor’s degree in any field who seek an accelerated pathway to become licensed as a nurse and attain a Master of Science degree in nursing. This program will prepare professionals for high-demand careers in leadership, population health, patient care and public health nursing. The curriculum will include inter-professional education across the three campuses. The program utilizes state-of-the-art classrooms, and skills and simulation labs have been built to welcome the first cohort of nursing students.
The School of Health Sciences was built on Pacific’s long-standing reputation for educating health care professionals and features innovative curricula, accelerated programs, extensive experiential learning and clinical training for all students. All programs include interprofessional education experiences designed to prepare students to deliver health care in a team-based model. The Pacific School of Health Sciences prepare practice ready athletic trainers, audiologists, clinical nutritionists, physical therapists, physician assistants, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, and social workers to meet the health care demands of our community including the Central Valley and in Northern California.
About the University of the Pacific:
Established in 1851, Pacific was California's first chartered institution of higher learning. It is a private Methodist-affiliated university with campuses in Sacramento, San Francisco, and Stockton. The University’s mission is to provide a superior, student-centered learning experience integrating liberal arts and professional education by preparing individuals for lasting achievement and responsible leadership in their careers and communities. Pacific is fully accredited and offers more than 80 undergraduate areas of study (including 12 accelerated programs), more than 30 graduate and professional programs in 11 schools and colleges, and a continuing education program.
About The Community
Hailed as one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in America, Sacramento got its start as a supply center for prospectors from around the globe during the 1849 Gold Rush. Since 1854, the city has served as the capital of California, with the sixth-largest economy in the world. Sacramento is a hot spot for urban nightlife with an arts scene that includes exceptional cultural and leisure opportunities. This vibrant metropolitan region boasts a great variety of places to dine, drink, shop, enjoy live music, and do outdoor recreation in its many natural spaces.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Teaching Statement;
- Three professional references with contact information.
Applications received by June 10, 2022 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.