Dean, School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- March 16, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- April 15, 2022
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for a new Dean, School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Fairleigh Dickinson University’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is located in Florham Park, New Jersey, and seeks excellence through inclusiveness and invites members of underrepresented groups to apply.
- Serve as the chief administrator for the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, representing the School at the University Dean's Council, University Budget and Planning Committee meetings, and at other essential leadership meetings inside the University.
- Develop and manage, in collaboration with FDU and other stakeholders, the strategic planning process for the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Serve as the chief budgetary officer of the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Direct administrative oversight for the programs within the School of Pharmacy to include, but not limited to, the Doctor of Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, the Occupational Therapy, Master of Social Work, and the Master of Public Health programs. Oversee Assistant/Associate Deans.
- Oversee facilities and personnel planning for the School in consultation with the Associate Deans and Program Directors responsible for individual health science programs.
- Work to build and expand relationships with regional academic health sciences institutions to advance the academic standing of the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Participate in and supervise efforts of the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences admissions and financial aid staff, working closely both with members from the School and the University to establish processes for recruitment and retention of students.
- Develop and establish collaborative relationships with the health care community. Represent the University and the program at external health care events, including conferences, symposia, and other planning events within the local, regional and national community.
- Establish and maintain national presence within the relevant professional organizations.
- Work with the Office of University Advancement to develop and maintain relationships with the philanthropic community for the purpose of obtaining scholarships, endowed faculty positions, equipment, and monetary donations to the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Support marketing and communications planning and activity for the School.
- Build and maintain relationships with the University's existing health sciences programs.
- Oversee recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty and staff. Create an environment that supports professional excellence.
- Provide exemplary educational administration and facilitate collegiality within the academic environment.
- Promote a climate of accessibility to students and faculty.
- Chair executive committee meetings and other relevant meetings.
- Oversee faculty status review for the faculty of the School.
- Resolve complaints and grievances of students, staff, and faculty.
- In association with the Associate Deans, determine the charge of and appoint members to School committees.
- Demonstrate personal and intellectual integrity and leadership in promoting ethical standards within the School and in professional practice.
- Perform other leadership duties as requested by the University Provost or the President of the University.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited university. Pharm. D. or Ph. D. in a related field preferred. Experience in pharmacy education is required. Strong understanding of contemporary pharmacy and health care systems, with eligibility for pharmacist licensure is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 or more years of senior administrative experience at an accredited school/college of pharmacy at an Assistant/Associate/Dean level.
- Proven leadership ability in the field of pharmacy.
- Substantial experience within higher education, and attainment of senior academic rank (full professor).
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- A vision and interpersonal skills to build partnerships inside and outside the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and University-at-large.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
About The Institution
About Fairleigh Dickinson University:
The largest private university in New Jersey, FDU is a not-for-profit, nonsectarian, multicampus institution. Founded in 1942, FDU achieved four-year status in 1948 and approval as a university in 1956. The University offers over 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, including doctoral programs in pharmacy, nursing practice, clinical psychology and school psychology; and an AACSB-accredited business school. Degree programs are offered on two New Jersey campuses and at two FDU locations outside the U.S.: Wroxton College, in Oxfordshire in England, and the Vancouver Campus, in British Columbia, Canada.
FDU's 12,000+ full- and part-time students pursue quality career-oriented programs on schedules tailored to their needs -- days, evenings and weekends. The curriculum reflects a mission of global education and a foundation of a nationally-renowned University Core.
About the Fairleigh Dickinson University School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences:
The mission of FDU’s School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences is to create a values-based, student-centered learning experience that prepares graduates who are committed to improving the health of individuals and populations through leadership roles in pharmacy practice, healthcare research and related healthcare fields.
About The Community
About Madison, NJ:
In Madison, NJ, the Florham Campus is a friendly small-college environment on picturesque grounds near historic Morristown. The campus is dedicated to giving students an exceptional learning experience, including residential and honors programs.
All correspondence relating to the position of Dean, School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Fairleigh Dickinson University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
- A cover letter, curriculum vitae, and teaching philosophy statement.
- Evidence of scholarship in your area of expertise.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Applications submitted by April 15, 2022, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.