Principal Faculty for the Master of Science in PA Studies
- March 14, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 6, 2022
- Ashland University
Ashland University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Principal Faculty in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program in Mansfield, Ohio. The Principal Faculty member for the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program will work closely with the Program Director and Principal Faculty members to implement and maintain the curriculum in accordance with ARC-PA Standards as a course director on a twelve (12) month, full-time basis. As a Course Director the individual is responsible for development, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of assigned courses. The Principal Faculty works collaboratively with faculty within the Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences and Ashland University.
- Support the mission of Ashland University and Dwight Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Support Ashland University’s philosophy of Accent on the Individual
- Development and review of the mission statement of the PA Program
- Course development and implementation to ensure the PA students readiness to practice upon graduation.
- Provide academic instruction
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and ensures course syllabi maintain compliance with ARC-PA Standards of assigned clinical courses
- Participates in additional administrative responsibilities such as coordination of preclinical, clinical, assessment or admission processes
- Participate in the program’s ongoing self-assessment, analysis, and accreditation processes with primary responsibility for didactic education components
- Is familiar with ARC-PA accreditation standards and assists in providing documented compliance
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the didactic year sections of the student handbook
- Participate in the design of a didactic year summative exam to assess student performance and readiness to proceed to the clinical year
- Serve as an academic advisor to students
- Provide remedial instruction of didactic year students
- Conduct clinical site visits to support maintenance of supervised clinical practice
- Participate in the admissions process including student recruitment and selection
- Chair and/or participate as a member of PA program committees as assigned by the PA Program Director
- Participate in state and national PA organizations as necessary to promote the program and the profession
- Represent the PA program through service on committees at the university level as required
- Participates in professional development activities outside of Ashland University’s PA program in areas of clinical practice, scholarly activities or advancement of educational degree as agreed upon by the Program Director
- Perform other duties as determined by negotiation at the annual performance review by the Program Director
- Master's degree or higher.
- Current NCCPA certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience as a PA.
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in a PA education program, medical school, or other healthcare-related field.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Active service or leadership at the local, regional, or national level.
About The Institution
Founded in 1878, Ashland University continues to have a rich tradition as a private, comprehensive institution preparing students for exciting professions and careers. The University consists of four academic colleges -- College of Arts & Sciences, Dauch College of Business & Economics, Schar College of Education, and Schar College of Nursing and Health Sciences -- as well as the Graduate, Online, and Adult Studies, the Founders School for Continuing Education, and Ashland Theological Seminary. Ashland University places great emphasis on the importance of each individual. The phrase “Accent on the Individual” has been the University’s motto for many years, characterizing the nature and content of the campus environment. Concern for the student extends beyond ensuring a quality education in the classroom and laboratory to include a commitment to provide a stimulating and supportive environment in every respect. Translating the ideas of the Mission Statement into the realities of everyday life is the responsibility of each Ashland University employee.
Dwight Schar College of Nursing & Health Sciences:
The College of Nursing & Health Sciences educates individuals to become health professionals committed to practice, leadership, and service. The College’s guiding values are integrity, caring, accountability, respect, and excellence. Located in Mansfield, Ohio, the College offers programs in Athletic Training, Dietetics, Exercise Science, Physician Assistant Studies, and Nursing.
Physician Assistant Program:
Ashland University's Physician Assistant program is housed in a state of the art facility, offering our students hands-on simulation and clinical skills training throughout the didactic year of their educational experience. The mission of the PA program is to educate physician assistants based on a foundation of evidence-based medicine, to competently practice patient-centered care, exercise cultural humility, and cultivate a team approach. Graduates will be prepared for the changing landscape of medicine to serve individuals locally, nationally, and globally. Physician assistants will be taught in accordance with the Dwight Schar College Nursing and Health Science’s guiding values: integrity, caring, accountability, respect, and excellence (ICARE), interprofessional collaboration, and lifelong learning.
About The Community
The Ashland and Mansfield, OH communities:
Just an hour from both Columbus and Cleveland, both Ashland and Mansfield combine world class culture with small town charm. Fine dining, boutiques, live music, and breweries can all be enjoyed in Ashland's picturesque downtown. Greater Ashland features an abundance of green spaces for hiking, fishing, and other outdoor adventures. The city's cultural offerings include the Ashland Symphony Orchestra, the Guy C. Meyers Memorial bandshell, and BalloonFest, Ashland's annual hot air balloon festival.Mansfield is the largest city in the Mid-Ohio region of the state, the north-central region. Anchored by the Richland Carousel District, historic downtown Mansfield is home to fine dining, shopping boutiques, and arts venues from the Brickyard (outdoor amphitheater) to the Renaissance Performing Arts Association where one can see live theater, classical music, lectures, and family events. Beyond downtown, Mansfield has various parks and green spaces, several public golf courses, a ski resort, and an 18-mile hiking and biking trail on the former B&O railroad.
To apply for the position of Principal Faculty for the Master of Science in PA Studies at Ashland University, please visit Ashland University's application portal: https://jobs.ashland.edu/postings/2142
Applications submitted by June 6, 2022, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.