Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy
- February 23, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- September 12, 2022
- Thomas Jefferson University
Thomas Jefferson University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy in the College of Rehabilitation Sciences. The Department seeks a visionary leader with the ability to advance education, service, and scholarship within the framework of the Department’s strategic plan. Successful candidates should possess prior academic and leadership experience, excellent communication skills, and a proven ability to collaborate with staff, faculty, and the college/university leadership team. We desire an innovative colleague who will be an active facilitator of faculty success, is team-oriented, and shows a genuine appreciation of educational best practices.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Department faculty on curriculum, instruction, service, and scholarship;
- Evolve the scholarly capacity of the Department by supporting faculty to obtain funding and increase scholarly output;
- Foster interprofessional engagement in education, research, clinical, and service opportunities;
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure a continuous stream of highly qualified applicants into the program;
- Manage expenditures and revenues to create a balanced operational budget;
- Advocate on behalf of faculty, students, and staff to meet the collective needs of the program; and
- Cultivate a culture of assessment to advance Department’s strategic initiatives.
- Possession or eligibility for licensure as a physical therapist in Pennsylvania;
- Eligibility for appointment at senior faculty rank;
- Academic doctoral degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field;
- Depth and breadth of experiences as a faculty member in a CAPTE accredited entry-level doctor of physical therapy program;
- Administrative experience in higher education;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic and evolving academic medical center;
- Ability to implement data-driven changes; and
- Knowledge of the accreditation processes.
About The Institution
About Jefferson Health:
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
About Thomas Jefferson University:
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
About The Community
About Philadelphia, PA:
When people think Philadelphia, they imagine the Declaration of Independence, Rocky, and passionate sports fans, but the city offers a variety of attractions, culture, entertainment and activities that are sure to bring a smile to your face. Eat at the outdoor cafes along Rittenhouse Square or walk the cobblestone streets in historical Old City and visit the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. At night explore Market Street’s buzzing bars and boutiques or catch a concert at one of the many venues throughout the city. In Philadelphia, you can find almost anything and everything in just a few minutes' walk.
The City of Brotherly Love is one of the most ethnically integrated cities in the United States. It is home to a diverse population that lends its many unique qualities to the culture, food, and style of the city.
All correspondence relating to the position of Chair of the Department of Physical Therapy should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Christopher S. Healy, President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
- A cover letter outlining your experience as it relates to this position.
- A complete CV highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials.
- The names of three (3) professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission.
This search will remain open until the position is filled.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.