Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management
- February 10, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- March 21, 2022
- The University of Virginia's College at Wise
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise (UVA Wise), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the full-time Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management. Reporting directly to the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management will utilize current trends, best practices and previous experience to target and grow UVA Wise’s student body. Key responsibilities include developing a strategic enrollment management plan, broadening the visibility of the College and leveraging branding and new marketing strategies; and leading the Office of Enrollment Management while maintaining compliance with federal, state, university, and College policies.
The Vice Chancellor will be responsible for:
- Participating in the development, coordination and implementation of undergraduate admissions relations program including prospect management and strategic planning;
- Planning all phases of prospect marketing, advertising, publications, digital marketing, direct mail, and events, in collaboration with the Office of Marketing and Communications;
- Providing regular data updates, ensuring data integrity and providing weekly reports on achieving enrollment goals;
- Representing the College to wide and diverse audiences as well as internal constituents, traveling locally, regionally and nationally;
- Administering, supervising, and directing activities of staff including decisions to hire, terminate, and/or modify personnel status;
- Assuring that the recruitment and admissions plan is integrated and consistent with the College’s goals and direction;
- Helping evaluate the effectiveness of all recruitment and admission strategies planned and implemented;
- Ensuring that application volume, admit decisions and deposits are aligned or exceed those projected for the academic year;
- Examining the data related to the admissions funnel and the financial leveraging model to ensure data integrity, and that undergraduate enrollments will yield the projected net tuition revenue; and
- Advising the development of recruitment of graduate programs.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Master’s degree;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of leadership experience in enrollment management;
- Proven success in setting and meeting enrollment goals;
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in recruitment of traditional and other student populations, financial aid administration, and scholarship leveraging;
- Knowledge of technological tools and systems used to support and deliver programs and services to prospective and current students;
- Strategic understanding of technology and digital advertising in student marketing, recruitment, and engagement;
- An understanding and appreciation of the College’s liberal arts mission;
- Demonstrated success managing, empowering, motivating, and mentoring staff;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective, collaborative professional relationships with campus leaders, faculty, and staff to ensure College-wide collaborative enrollment efforts.
About The Institution
About the University of Virginia’s College at Wise:
A member of the prestigious Council for Public Liberal Arts Colleges, the University of Virginia’s College at Wise is an inspiring place to teach, lead, learn and call home. With a student faculty ratio of 13:1 and approximately 2,000 students, UVA Wise is committed to excellence in teaching, personalized attention, and individual growth, as well as to the advancement of our region through economic development.
The only division of the University of Virginia located outside of Charlottesville, UVA Wise has a beautiful campus that is nestled in the Appalachian Mountains of Southwest Virginia. Here, students learn from faculty who are encouraged to engage in scholarship and service that complements their teaching, and our environment is ideal for the task. In addition to Appalachian arts and culture, on-campus wetlands and
impressive geography, and a region full of opportunities for study and outdoor adventure, there are many opportunities to build partnerships with organizations, agencies, and businesses in the area and beyond. Professional staff and a dedicated senior leadership team are driven by the vital mission of ensuring access and affordability to this robust, quality higher education.
The College’s student population is largely first-generation, often rural students, for whom we offer access and affordability along with challenging academic work in the liberal arts tradition. The result is well-rounded graduates who earn fulfilling work at leading organizations and pursue graduate study at prestigious universities, as evidenced recently when U.S. News & World Report ranked UVA Wise as sixth in the nation for promoting social mobility.
About The Community
About Wise, Virginia:
Home to some of the most scenic stretches of the Appalachian Trail, vital natural resources, local music and culture, and flourishing new industries, Southwest Virginia is a welcoming and growing region.
The College at Wise is located in Wise, Virginia, a small town with a rich history. The historic downtown is a short stroll from campus and features many locally owned shops and restaurants. Local farmer’s markets, summer movies in a downtown glade, and local festivals round out the variety of offerings in Wise. Just beyond Wise, you’ll find plenty to see and do, whether you love hiking, canoeing and camping or shopping local boutiques and enjoying delicious food and drink with friends.
Wise is located approximately an hour from the Tri-Cities region of northeastern Tennessee, which includes Bristol, Va./Tenn., home to both the Bristol Motor Speedway and the Birthplace of Country Music, the organization that hosts the internationally renowned Rhythm and Roots festival each year. The Tri-Cities region boasts an international airport, the Barter Theatre, South Holston Lake, and more amenities including a wide array of shopping, dining, arts and cultural attractions, historic sites, outdoor adventures, and more!
All correspondence relating to the position of Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
- A cover letter outlining your experience as it relates to this position.
- A complete CV highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials.
- The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission.
Applications submitted by March 21, 2022, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.