Director, Student Financial Services Systems
- February 4, 2022
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- May 28, 2022
- Queens University of Charlotte
Queens University of Charlotte, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, is seeking applications and nominations for knowledgeable and proven leader for the position of Director of Student Financial Services Systems. This full-time, benefits-eligible position is responsible for delivering a high level of service to Queens’ students, their families and the University community by leading in the oversight of the systems and technology supporting all financial aid functions, aligns all financial aid systems with federal and state regulations to ensure compliance, serves as liaison between Institutional Research and other departments whose system interface with financial aid. This position will report to the Director of Financial Aid, and will serve as a member of a developing Enrollment Leadership team. This position will significantly interface with informational technology and the University’s Slate Strategist.
This full-time position is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of Queens’ Student Financial Services Systems. Among Director’s most immediate priorities are:
- Responsible for the daily core operations for financial aid services and the management of the PowerFaids System including all aspects of importing/exporting financial aid records/data, batch award processing, disbursing, reconciliation, beginning and end of semester/year clean-up processes, reporting, and return to Title IV funds.
- Run financial aid data analytics for internal and external campus partners.
- Ensure and conduct accurate needs analysis and quality control of student files.
- Effectively communicate to students through phone, email, and written collateral
- Maintain aid platforms and support Enrollment leadership in creating customization to ensure data integrity.
- Supervise staff to ensure federal compliance, training, and internal aid functions/executions.
- Oversee specific student cohorts and act as a liaison to external and internal campus partners.
- Oversees all aspects of student eligibility, including evaluation, online processing, all related record keeping, and student notification.
- Collaborates as needed with processing and reconciliation of federal and state programs.
- Assists the Director of Compliance with reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new federal and state laws and regulations.
- Assist with updating the Financial Aid Services policies and procedures manual.
- Maintains memberships and participates actively in appropriate organizations and attends conferences and regular training sessions.
- Proven excellent customer service skills and enthusiasm for providing exceptional service to a diverse population of graduate and undergraduate students, their families, staff, faculty, and other constituencies.
- Technically competent and proficient in Microsoft Office. Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a gift for identifying information that should be escalated immediately.
- Proven exceptional attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce error-free results.
- Excellent organization and follow-up / follow-through skills to ensure completion of assignments within established timeframes.
- Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze components and arrive at a logical course of action while knowing when to ask for assistance or direction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to effectively prioritize assignments to meet given deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm and resourceful in stressful situations.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to use absolute discretion when dealing with sensitive, confidential materials; familiarity with FERPA a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and experience in higher education preferred.
About The Institution
About Queens University of Charlotte:
Located in the heart of the nation’s second fastest growing metropolitan area, Queens University of Charlotte leverages the city’s diverse and thriving environment as an extended classroom. Nationally recognized for undergraduate programs in international and interdisciplinary education, Queens blends the best of liberal arts learning with professional preparation and community engagement. Focused on supporting success for diverse learners, faculty build close and collaborative relationships with students and help them build intentional and individualized roadmaps for flourishing at Queens and beyond. At the graduate program level, the University offers innovative educational experiences that help learners advance professionally and retool for new opportunities. Our environs afford faculty myriad opportunities to advance their own professional growth and teaching and research interests by collaborating with vibrant industry, non- profit, and community organization sectors.
Queens University of Charlotte is partnering with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates for the Director, Student Financial Services Systems search. All applications and nominations are to be directed electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications will include the following:
- Cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the Executive Director position;
- Updated and complete Resume;
- List of five (5) professional references including name, title, contact information and relationship to you.
Applications received by May 28, 2022 will receive priority consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
Queens University of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to supporting and celebrating all forms of diversity. Queens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including pregnancy, child birth and conditions related to pregnancy or child birth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, political beliefs, veteran status, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, employment and hiring policies, or other University-administered programs. Any individual with a disability who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act to apply for a position or otherwise to participate in Queens' job search/selection process should contact the Director of Human Resources at 704.337.2222.