Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing
- December 9, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- February 11, 2022
- Buena Vista University
Buena Vista University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing (VPEM&M). Reporting to the President, the Vice President oversees and administers the strategic, operational and personnel functions of the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Marketing and Communication to accomplish the University’s enrollment goals and objectives. The Vice President will provide expertise and knowledge of best practices and leadership in guiding a model operation. The VPEM&M serves as an important part of the enrollment management leadership team for the entire University.
The Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing is responsible to provide overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of all areas involved with enrollment management. The VP is responsible for:
- Creating, executing, assessing, and evaluating an integrated strategic enrollment plan for the University that is based upon sound data-informed decisions and facilitating seamless transitions and high-quality customer service throughout all enrollment management and marketing/communication operations;
- Working with vice presidents, deans, department chairs, directors, faculty, staff, alumni, and current students to develop, implement, communicate, and maintain effective strategic, operational, and tactical enrollment plans;
- Overseeing the Financial Aid Director and the office’s policies, procedures, and federal compliance.
- Utilizing financial aid leveraging and appropriate discounting initiatives in support of attracting, enrolling, and enhancing student persistence through to graduation;
- Coaching, mentoring, developing, and evaluating the Admissions, Financial Aid, and Marketing/Communication teams with an eye toward continuous improvement and innovation;
- Overseeing traditional undergraduate student enrollment management operations and coordinating marketing and recruitment efforts with the Extended University Programs division that oversees online program enrollment;
- Working closely with institutional research to facilitate the collection, analysis, and reporting data related to enrollment planning;
- Maintaining current and exploring and implementing new technology in support of all enrollment management standards, trends, and practices;
- Overseeing external marketing initiatives to meet enrollment goals and objectives;
- Working closely with the Director of Athletics, coaches, and activity director, to attain enrollment goals for all sports and activities;
- Partnering with The Office of University Advancement to expand recruitment through the development of an alumni recruitment program;
- Establishing a leadership style that promotes shared decision-making, academic excellence, creativity, innovation while providing a calm presence and a flexible approach to addressing enrollment challenges;
- Following closely and reporting to the President’s leadership team on regional and national enrollment trends, policies, and procedures; and
- Creating a work environment committed to diversity and inclusiveness while being a good listener.
Candidates should have the following:
- Master’s Degree, Doctorate preferred;
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience and management role in enrollment management in a higher education setting with traditional and non-traditional students;
- Extensive experience in being a part of an enrollment management and marketing operation in higher education;
- Proven ability to analyze enrollment and financial aid data to effect strategic decision-making;
- Ability to cultivate positive and productive relationships with diverse faculty, administrators, staff, alumni, and students;
- Experience using social media to promote enrollment management;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; and
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
About The Institution
The University and the Storm Lake, IA Community
Founded in 1891, Buena Vista University is a coeducational, independent, and regionally acclaimed comprehensive University, which offers a blended professional and liberal arts curriculum. Home to approximately 1,850 online and campus-based undergraduate and graduate students, BVU offers more than 45 academic majors. BVU students experience small class sizes where they receive individual attention from supportive faculty. Nearly half of residential students participate in more than 20 athletic teams, while even more join dozens of student-led organizations, fellowship groups, and become engaged in the local community.
Buena Vista literally means “Beautiful View.” It offers an inspiring, lakeside setting in which to learn and create new and long-lasting friendships. Storm Lake’s downtown area - just a few blocks from campus - is bustling with new businesses, tasty restaurants, and shopping. The lake offers locals and visitors the opportunity to enjoy miles of bike trails, water sports, incredible fishing, and a waterpark resort unlike any other in the state. Lakeside concerts and events, golf courses, community organizations, and K-12 activities keep residents entertained all year long.
The city of Storm Lake, with a population of approximately 12,000, is among the most culturally and ethnically diverse communities in the Midwest, with no single racial or ethnic group comprising 40% of the population.
All applications and nominations must be sent electronically to:
Scott Healy & Associates
Attn: Dr. Scott F. Healy, Founding President
All Applications Must Contain the Following Items:
- Cover Letter outlining your experience and expertise as it relates to The Position;
- Complete Resume highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials;
- Names of Five Professional References including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission from the candidate)
The current Vice President will be retiring in June, 2022, and his replacement should be on campus prior to the current VP leaving his position. An overlap of responsibilities is desired.
Applications submitted by Friday, February 11, 2022, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-free Employer.