Occupational Therapy Program Director
- October 20, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- November 24, 2021
- Valparaiso University
Valparaiso University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for a dynamic and experienced Program Director for the Occupational Therapy (OT) Program. This residential program will join several successful programs in nursing, health care leadership, health administration, health science, public health and physician assistant housed within the College of Nursing and Health Professions. We seek a well-qualified and innovative leader who will lead a team of high-quality educators to prepare future practitioners to provide occupational therapy services to clients. The program director will oversee the curriculum; strategic planning and partnerships; fiscal management of personnel and faculty resources; collaboration and innovation for interprofessional education; accreditation that meets all standards of Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE); ongoing maintenance of accreditation; and the recruitment for and promotion of the program. This 12-month position may include teaching in areas of clinical expertise and program need, and scholarship/professional development, as appropriate. The program director will collaborate with faculty and administrators in the College of Nursing and Health Professions, but also across the greater institution. Together, these health leaders will assist with the design of teaching and research areas in a technologically advanced space, and ultimately form cohesive programs that expand the University’s mission-driven approach to student centered learning.
The Program Director will report to the Dean of the College of Nursing and Health Professions and will hold the appropriate academic rank. All levels are open for consideration-Assistant, Associate and Full Professor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral degree in Occupational Therapy or any related field, including: OTD, Dr.OT, Post-professional O.T. doctoral degree, or biomedical sciences. Doctoral degrees must have been awarded by an institution that is accredited by an institutional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE);
- Current certification as an Occupational Therapist who is licensed and credentialed, or eligible for licensing and credentialing according to regulations in Indiana;
- At least eight years of experience in the field of Occupational Therapy. This experience must include clinical practice, administrative or supervisory experience and/or supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants, and scholarship; and
- At least three years in a full-time academic appointment with teaching responsibilities at the graduate level.
About The Institution
The College of Nursing and Health Professions:
The College of Nursing and Health Professions (CNHP) prepares professionals who will use their roles to transform today’s health and health care systems in collaborative teams-whether that path is in nursing, as a physician assistant, public health expert or occupational therapist. For more than 50 years, Valparaiso University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions has built a tradition of excellence, preparing students for the healthcare workplace. Students are workplace ready because each of our degree programs center around these three core competencies: adaptive, collaborative and visionary. Behind each is a rigorous and enriching academic experience that is both challenging and rewarding. As an inclusive profession, occupational therapy maximizes health, well-being and quality of life for all people, populations and communities through effective solutions that facilitate participation in everyday living.
The faculty in the College of Nursing and Health Professions is deeply committed to student success and outcomes and that starts with faculty knowing their students on a deeper level with a goal of having each student be successful. The faculty believe their responsibility is to foster intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth of the student as an educated person and as a competent professional. At Valpo, health care education extends beyond hospitals, clinics and nursing homes. The increasingly complex needs of patients in today’s health care system call for leaders who are prepared to meet the demand for safe, high-quality affordable care. Learn more about this dynamic college at www.valpo.edu/college-of-nursing-and-health-professions.
Valparaiso University is a highly ranked, prestigious, private university in Valparaiso, Indiana offering 3,600 undergraduate and graduate students from over 50 countries the opportunities, choices and resources of a larger university and the personal attention and exceptional learning experience of a smaller university. Valpo offers a comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate academic programs with more than 70 majors in five different undergraduate colleges and over 25 graduate programs as well as 50 study abroad programs all over the world. Areas of study include business, communications, education, engineering, fine arts, health sciences, liberal arts and sciences. The University is located on a 350-acre campus in Valparaiso, IN just an hour from Chicago and has become a premier Midwestern university that combines a thorough grounding in liberal arts with solid professional training.
About The Community
Discover the Valparaiso, IN, Community:
All correspondence relating to the position of Program Director for Occupational Therapy Program at Valparaiso University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Adam W. Barrett, Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
- A cover letter outlining your experience as an occupational therapist in higher education. Special attention will be paid to those applicants who have started, developed, and/or expanded a Masters or Doctoral program for OT;
- A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within health-related areas;
- The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission;
- A Statement of Diversity and Inclusion, describing previous experiences as well as future plans to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Applications submitted by November 24, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Valparaiso University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to attracting qualified candidates from groups currently underrepresented on our campus. Employment with Valparaiso University is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.