Program Director of Nursing Education Programs - AZ
- October 18, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- January 10, 2022
- Franklin Pierce University
Franklin Pierce University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, is pleased to announce a search for a Program Director of Nursing Education Programs at the Goodyear, Arizona campus. The Program Director is responsible for the overall planning, development, direction, and management of the Nursing Education Programs and will serve as the strategic, academic, and operational leader by guiding the faculty in program development, accreditation self-study, curriculum, administration, teaching, research, and service. The successful candidate will receive sufficient release time and financial resources to support maintenance of certification, licensure, and continuing professional development specific to Nursing Education. Reporting directly to the Dean of the College of Health & Natural Sciences, the Program Director is a 12-month full time faculty position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Securing accreditation and maintaining compliance with the Arizona Board of Nursing and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN);
- Managing and maintaining all AZ Nursing Education programs budgets and resources;
- Directing all operations and strategic planning for the AZ Nursing Education programs;
- Teaching, scholarship, and service to the University;
- Leading curriculum development and development of clinical sites;
- Overseeing the recruitment and management of AZ Nursing Education programs faculty and staff;
- Supervising the principal and instructional faculty and staff in all activities that directly relate to the AZ Nursing Education programs;
- Directing the admission process for students and closely collaborating with the Office of Admissions on admissions policies, recruitment of students, and marketing of the AZ Nursing Education programs;
- Overseeing student advisement and remediation;
- Preparing reporting and program outcome information as needed;
- Representing the AZ Nursing Education programs for the University;
- Advocating for the programs within the medical, academic, and local health community;
- Providing effective leadership and management of the AZ Nursing Education programs;
- Assuming responsibility of program organization, administration, fiscal management, ongoing self-assessment and analysis, planning, development, and participation in the accreditation process.
- Curriculum development and revision;
- Assessment development;
- Assessment/mapping and revision;
- Classroom and laboratory instruction;
- Academic and professionalism advising;
- Remedial instruction;
- Student recruitment and retention;
- Inter-professional education;
- Ongoing program self-assessment.
Required Qualifications: Successful candidates will possess, or be able to demonstrate:
- Master’s degree in Nursing;
- Arizona nursing license (or other state license and eligible for AZ license);
- Three (3) years of full-time higher education experience;
- Three (3) years of clinical practice experience as a registered nurse, providing direct patient care;
- An understanding of nursing education and ACEN accreditation standards;
- Highly developed interpersonal and strong leadership skills;
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent organization, time management, and self-motivation skills;
- Technology literacy and budget development skills;
- Ability to work successfully with a broad range of constituents and diverse populations;
- Ability to travel for the University, if required.
- Doctoral degree relevant to graduate nursing education (DNP, DHSc, EdD, PhD, etc.);
- Previous ACEN accreditation experience is highly desirable;
- Previous experience in Nursing Education leadership such as Assistant/Associate Program Director, Clinical Director, or other director-level role;
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
About The Institution
About the College of Health and Natural Sciences:
The College of Health and Natural Sciences (CHNS) is one the newest colleges for the university, established in 2019. Created by joining the undergraduate programs in the sciences to the graduate programs in health-related fields, it offers undergraduate degrees in Biology, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, and Health Sciences, as well as Doctor of Physical Therapy (twin independently accredited programs in NH and AZ) and Master of Physician Assistant Studies. The School of Nursing, which is housed in this college, offers a variety of fully online and in-person undergraduate and master’s degrees, in addition to a graduate certificate in Nursing Education.
The CHNS is designed to support the academic and student life, which play a vital role in Franklin Pierce’s undergraduate programs and institutional ethos. FPU provides extensive opportunities for students to compete, excel, and lead, shaping well-rounded individuals who understand the value of service and community engagement. Our students excel in the classroom, intern at Fortune 500 companies, present at professional conferences, compete as NCAA Division II athletes, and engage in meaningful community service. Our entire university is dedicated to providing students with resources, support, and a sense of connection outside the classroom and within our local, regional, and national communities.
About Franklin Pierce University:
Since 1962, Franklin Pierce University has empowered thousands of undergraduate and graduate students to achieve academic excellence and lead meaningful, successful lives. Drawing from our strong foundation in liberal education, FPU offers programs and educational experiences that develop essential intellectual and professional skills; promotes close connections between students, faculty members, and staff; and positions our students to realize their potential through highly personalized, financially accessible academic offerings.
Franklin Pierce encompasses a far-reaching geographic and virtual network, educating a diverse population of residential undergraduates, online learners, and full-time graduate students through our campus in Rindge, NH, at our centers in Manchester, Portsmouth, and Lebanon (NH), Goodyear, AZ, and online. FPU continues to explore new educational models and programs that build on a legacy of excellence to help students expand their knowledge, direct their passions, and graduate as qualified, engaged leaders.
About The Community
About the greater Goodyear, AZ community:
The Franklin Pierce University Nursing Education programs will be located in Goodyear, AZ, which is 20 minutes from downtown Phoenix. Goodyear has over 300 days per year of sunshine, a diverse blend of amenities, and abundant cultural, educational, and entertainment resources. Less than an hour to the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, Goodyear is a rapidly growing suburb surrounded by golf courses, lakes, parks, and scenic mountains. The city hosts Spring Training and the player development for Major League’s Cleveland Guardians and Cincinnati Reds in the Cactus League. Nearby Phoenix has the most professional sports of any major city and is rated in the top 10 American’s Best Cities to Live. Whether you are single, have a growing family, or are looking forward to retirement, Goodyear is a great place to live and work.
To facilitate interprofessional interaction and education, the Nursing Education programs will be located in the City of Goodyear municipal complex, where the Doctor of Physical Therapy and Master of Physician Assistant Studies are currently housed.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter highlighting your professional experience.
- Complete CV outlining your career and educational credentials.
- Teaching Philosophy Statement.
- Course Dossier for the past three years.
- List of five (5) professional references including name, title, relationship to you, contact information and relationship to you.
Applications received by January 10, 2022 will receive priority consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
As an Equal Opportunity employer, Franklin Pierce recognizes the impact of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.