Faculty Member in the AGACNP Program
- August 19, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- September 27, 2021
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences (PA College), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications for an outstanding Faculty Member for the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) Program. This faculty member will be responsible for providing online instruction in addition to the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress. Faculty will deliver course content online and attend five mandatory on-campus days per academic year. PA College seeks individuals with exceptional skill and experience as an ACNP or AGACNP to apply for this full-time, 12-month, non-tenure position (rank commensurate with experience).
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Facilitates didactic, laboratory, and/or clinical instruction, using strategies that stimulate interest and maximize student learning.
- Incorporates current theories, research, and practice into the design of instruction, including plans for development and revision.
- Supervises and assesses student learning to achieve outcomes at the course and/or program level.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, and evaluation of courses, programs, and College strategies.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with rank and experience.
- Earned doctoral degree in Nursing or doctoral degree in Nursing in-progress.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) with board certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) or as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP).
- Currently practicing as an ACNP or AGACNP and licensed (or eligible for licensure) as an ACNP or AGACNP in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Online and in-person teaching experience at the graduate level in an NP program.
About The Institution
The School of Nursing:
The PA College of Health Sciences offers a degree for every level: Associates, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral. Offering a collaborative learning environment in state-of-the-art facilities, PA College has flexible scheduling options for learners in all stages of life. Following State Board of Nursing approval in January 2019, PA College has launched three Nurse Practitioner tracks within the Graduate Nursing Department. The Graduate Nursing Department offers both Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs. These Nursing programs are taught in a blended environment, using both online as well as select on campus learning opportunities. The College supports and continually strives to achieve a collaborative balance between clinical practice and faculty obligations.
Located in Lancaster, PA College is the region’s only Health Science College. Throughout the past century, it has grown from one nursing program with a handful of students to nearly twenty degree options with over 1,800 students enrolled. PA College is affiliated with Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health which is one of the largest health systems in south central Pennsylvania.
About The Community
Established in 1742, Lancaster is home to a diverse population of 60,000 and covers seven square miles. From varied shopping, exceptional dining, noteworthy art galleries, entertainment, museums, historic buildings, and cultural and sports venues, downtown Lancaster boasts an incredibly rich heritage, history, and culture. Best known for being the hub of Pennsylvania Amish Country, Lancaster is surrounded by farmland and green spaces for camping, hiking, and other adventures.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the College’s search consultant:
Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position
- Updated CV
- Three professional references with contact information
Applications received by September 27, 2021 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
PA College of Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to an individual's race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. The College welcomes applications from individuals who can contribute to the diversity of our academic community.
PA College of Health Sciences is committed to providing all employees and prospective employees with information regarding safety and security data pursuant to the Clery Act. This information includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off- and accessible from the campus. A printed copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the PA College Office of Security at 717-947-6152 or email@example.com. The Office of Security is located at 850 Greenfield Rd., Lancaster, PA, 17601.