Director of Financial Aid
- July 27, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- October 4, 2021
- Buena Vista University
Buena Vista University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director administers the operational, financial, and personnel functions to accomplish the University’s financial aid and enrollment management goals and objectives. The Director will provide expertise and knowledge of best practices and leadership in guiding a model operation. The Director serves as an important part of the enrollment management leadership team.
The Position: The Director of Financial Aid is a leader on campus and provides overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of the University’s Office of Financial Aid. The Director is responsible for:
- Planning, supervising, and evaluating the financial aid operations of the University;
- Providing financial aid leveraging and discounting initiatives in support of attracting, enrolling, and enhancing student persistence through to graduation;
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing the Financial Aid Department Team;
- Supervising the preparation and submission of institutional, state, and federal reports;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures designed to maximize processing of financial aid;
- Maintaining accountability for internal and external audits related to financial aid;
- Responding to audit inquiries, and participating in resolving audit issues in cooperation with the University controller’s office;
- Exercising professional judgment in the review of all appeals;
- Overall responsibly awarding, disbursing, and reconciling all federal and state aid as well as scholarships/grants in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and policies;
- Partnering with Admissions to award Institutional Merit and Scholarships to students.
Candidates should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred;
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid in a higher education setting at the Associate or Director level;
- Three years of supervisory/leadership experience;
- Experience with PowerFaids;
- Experience with Federal and State Financial Aid Software.
About The Institution
The University and the Storm Lake, IA Community: Founded in 1891, Buena Vista University is a coeducational, independent, and regionally acclaimed comprehensive University, which offers a blended professional and liberal arts curriculum. Home to approximately 1,850 online and campus-based undergraduate and graduate students, BVU offers more than 45 academic majors. BVU students experience small class sizes where they receive individual attention from supportive faculty. Nearly half of residential students participate in more than 20 athletic teams, while even more join dozens of student-led organizations, fellowship groups, and become engaged in the local community.
Buena Vista literally means “Beautiful View.” It offers an inspiring, lakeside setting in which to learn and create new and long-lasting friendships. Storm Lake’s downtown area - just a few blocks from campus - is bustling with new businesses, tasty restaurants, and shopping. The lake offers locals and visitors the opportunity to enjoy miles of bike trails, water sports, incredible fishing, and a waterpark resort unlike any other in the state. Lakeside concerts and events, golf courses, community organizations, and K-12 activities keep residents entertained all year long.
All applications and nominations must be sent electronically to:
Scott Healy & Associates
Attn: Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
All Applications Must Contain the Following Items:
1) A cover letter outlining your experience and expertise as it relates to The Position;
2) A complete resume highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials;
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission)
Applications submitted by October 4, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Buena Vista University is an EOE/ADA/Smoke-free Employer.