Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Nursing
- June 23, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- August 27, 2021
- Randolph-Macon College
Randolph – Macon College (R-MC), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Nursing. Randolph-Macon College faculty teach, advise, conduct research and engage in scholarship, and serve the college and department. Nursing faculty is responsible for implementing and evaluating the BSN curriculum under the leadership of the Chair. This is a full-time, tenure track or non-tenure track position - academic rank commensurate with experience.
Successful applicants will display strong leadership, organization, interpersonal ability, time management, and self-motivation. In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate evidence of working successfully with diverse populations and meet the following:
- MSN for non-tenure track; Doctorate in nursing (PhD or DNP) for tenure track;
Unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or multistate licensure, Virginia eligible;
- Four years of clinical expertise in his/her area of nursing practice expertise as evidenced by her/his educational, experiential, and/or clinical practice experience;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching;
- Evidence of a commitment to undergraduate teaching and student success; and
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to pedagogical methods that enable students across racial, ethnic, and socio-economic groups to reach their maximum potential.
- Certification in area of specialty and experience in nursing education;
- Academic teaching experience in baccalaureate nursing program;
- Experience with nursing education accreditation and nursing course development.
About The Institution
Randolph – Macon College
Randolph-Macon is a private, coeducational liberal arts and sciences college located on a beautiful 125-acre campus 15 minutes north of Richmond in the scenic town of Ashland, Virginia. R-MC enrolls 1,543 undergraduate students, who pursue their academic paths in 54 areas of study including majors, minors, pre-professional programs and others. R-MC was founded in 1830 by the Methodist Church and named for Virginia statesman John Randolph and North Carolina statesman Nathaniel Macon.
The Mission of Randolph-Macon College: To develop the minds and the character of its students underlies the college’s ultimate purpose - to prepare students for successful lives.
The BSN Program
The R-MC BSN program accepted the first freshman cohort in 2019. The educational and clinical practice experiences within the Nursing Department are grounded in the core values (caring, civility, inclusivity, excellence, integrity) to achieve the mission of providing a transformative education grounded in the liberal arts to develop resilient nurse leaders prepared to practice innovatively within a dynamic healthcare environment. Nursing faculty is made up of diverse, talented and innovative nursing professionals who will teach in their area(s) of expertise and are committed to academic excellence, diversity and inclusion. The BSN iLEARN program includes integration of Apple technology and iPads to support the program’s teaching and learning experiences.
About The Community
Just 90 miles south of Washington, DC, and minutes outside of Richmond, Ashland is affectionately known as "the Center of the Universe" by those who live here. A busy campus community life plus friendly people equal an ideal college environment. Here, students build lifelong friendships and enduring relationships with faculty mentors.
There's always plenty to do around Ashland, on campus and off. Major and local retailers and restaurants and a 20-screen movie theatre can be found in Ashland or just south along Route 1. Nearby Richmond offers many more options, including the popular Carytown shopping district, such attractions as the world-class Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and the annual Richmond Folk Festival, which welcomes musicians from around the world. The athletically inclined can take advantage of R-MC's Brock Recreation Center, mountain biking in nearby Poor Farm Park, or the hiking, biking and waterways of the James River Park system in Richmond. The R-MC calendar of events includes theatre, music and film as well as a full schedule of visiting artists, writers, scholars, leaders, and public figures.
All correspondence relating to the position of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the BSN Program at Randolph – Macon College, should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive search consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter highlighting your professional experience;
2) A complete CV outlining your career and educational credentials;
3) A brief (one page) statement of teaching philosophy;
4) The names of five professional references (at least one must be able to address teaching experience and teaching effectiveness; please indicate the teaching reference in your letter of application), including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without the written permission of the candidate.
Applications submitted by August 27, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Randolph-Macon College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to creating a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education.