Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Nutrition
- June 7, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- November 15, 2021
- University of the Pacific
The University of the Pacific (Pacific), in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for an Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor for the Clinical Nutrition Future Graduate (FG) Future Education Model (FEM) Demonstration Program Cohort 3 in the School of Health Sciences. This new faculty member will be part of a team of educators on the Sacramento campus responsible for providing all aspects of didactic and clinical education for the program. This is a full-time, non-tenure track position that could be temporarily remote. Academic rank commensurate with experience.
- Develop and teach courses as assigned in areas of knowledge and expertise (typical teaching load approximately 18-20 units/academic year).
- Actively participate in the planning, review, and evaluation of the didactic program and supervised clinical practice experience (SCPE);
- Assess student competence in the competency-based education program;
- Provide student advising;
- Collaborating with other health programs for interprofessional education and initiatives;
- Participate in department and school committees;
- Engage in scholarship, professional development and service activities.
- Masters degree in nutrition or nutrition-related field with significant clinical nutrition professional experience;
- Credentialed as a registered dietitian nutritionist by the Commission on Dietetic Registration;
- Teaching experience at the College or University level with experience in course instruction, design, and evaluation;
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills needed to work with diverse student, faculty, preceptor, and administrative populations;
- Desire to create and sustain a culture of student support and success;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, specifically MS Office Suite Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Terminal degree (PhD, DCN, or DrPH) in nutrition or nutrition-related field, other terminal degree (EdD) plus a degree in nutrition, or the intention to complete a terminal degree;
- At least two years of professional higher education teaching experience;
- Academic experience in curriculum development;
- Ability to work as a team with administrators, fellow faculty, staff, and students;
- Knowledge of ACEND Future Education Model Graduate standards and competency-based education Miller assessment model;
- Sincere desire for personal growth and development as an educator, including teaching, scholarship, and service;
- Involvement in professional organizations within the field of specialty;
- Involvement in professional education.
About The Institution
About the Nutrition Program:
The Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition (MSCN) is an accelerated 16-month, full-time 59-credit graduate program that is completed in four continuous trimesters (fall, spring, summer, fall). Students complete the curriculum as a cohort, with new cohorts starting annually in the fall. As a future graduate program in the Future Education Model, the program integrates didactic coursework with 1200 hours of supervised experiential learning in a competency-based curriculum designed to prepare nutrition and dietetics practitioners for future practice. Upon fulfilling all program graduation requirements, the Program awards students the degree of Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition (MSCN), and graduates are eligible to become active members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and to sit for the Registration Examination for Dietitians administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
The Mission of the Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition FG FEM Program is to provide a graduate level, student-centered, interprofessional Nutrition and Dietetics education that is integrated with leadership and innovative supervised experiential learning and research experiences. This degree prepares students to become skilled and compassionate registered dietitian/nutritionist professionals who practice comprehensive clinical nutrition care using an evidence-based approach.
For additional information about our program, please visit our website.
About the School of Health Sciences:
The MSCN Program is housed within the School of Health Sciences (SHS) which comprises graduate programs in physician assistant, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology, audiology, social work and athletic training. MSCN students participate in interprofessional education (IPE) across the SHS and the University, including the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
About the University of the Pacific:
Established in 1851, Pacific was California's first chartered institution of higher learning. It is a private Methodist-affiliated university with campuses in Sacramento, San Francisco, and Stockton. The University’s mission is to provide a superior, student-centered learning experience integrating liberal arts and professional education by preparing individuals for lasting achievement and responsible leadership in their careers and communities. Pacific is fully accredited and offers more than 80 undergraduate areas of study (including 12 accelerated programs), more than 30 graduate and professional programs in 11 schools and colleges, and a continuing education program.
About The Community
Hailed as one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in America, Sacramento got its start as a supply center for prospectors from around the globe during the 1849 Gold Rush. Since 1854, the city has served as the capital of California, with the sixth-largest economy in the world. Sacramento is a hot spot for urban nightlife with an arts scene that includes exceptional cultural and leisure opportunities. This vibrant metropolitan region boasts a great variety of places to dine, drink, shop, enjoy live music, and do outdoor recreation in its many natural spaces.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Teaching Statement;
- Three professional references with contact information.
Applications received by November 15, 2021 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.