Director of Financial Aid
- May 6, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 14, 2021
- Grove City College
Grove City College in Grove City, PA, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Financial Aid. The Director administers the operational, financial, and personnel functions to accomplish the University’s financial aid and enrollment management goals and objectives. The Director will provide expertise and knowledge of best practices and leadership in guiding a model operation.
The Position: Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment, the Director provides overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of the College’s Office of Financial Aid. The Director is responsible for:
- Developing and implementing procedures and practices in the financial aid process;
- Directing, planning, evaluating, and supervising all activities and operations of the financial aid program including determining student eligibility for funds, packaging of student aid, generating correspondence and balancing funds received and disbursed to students;
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, policies and spending rules impacting financial aid;
- Providing technical guidance for the College’s financial aid software and implementing the use of new technology to enhance the department’s effectiveness and efficiency in communicating with external agencies and organizations;
- Training, supervising, and evaluating job performance of financial aid staff;
- Assisting all students in identifying financial means to attend the College;
- Creating a student - friendly atmosphere and counseling current students regarding their financial aid circumstances (loan management, aid eligibility, budgeting, satisfactory academic progress, etc.);
- Interviewing and counseling current and prospective students and their families concerning budget cost of education, applications, and eligibility; interpreting and explaining state, institutional, and private regulations, requirements, and policies for scholarships, grants and loans;
- Conducting parent financial aid seminars, student loan borrower’s debt seminars, and interdepartmental financial aid training seminars;
- Analyzing trends in Financial Aid; providing statistical data and reporting both annually and as needed;
- Coordinating activities, as the College’s liaison, with the Tuition Exchange, Inc. program for inbound qualification, yearly reconciliation, membership, training, etc;
- Managing College Student Employment Program.
Candidates Should Have the Following:
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred;
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid in a higher education setting at the Assistant/Associate Director level;
- One year of supervisory/leadership experience;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective collaborative relationships; a
- Knowledge of PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar preferred.
About The Institution
Grove City College and Grove City, PA:
Grove City College: Grove City College strives to be the best Christian liberal arts college in America. Grounded in conservative values, it develops leaders of the highest proficiency, purpose, and principles ready to advance the common good. Grove City College equips students to pursue their unique callings through an academically excellent and Christ-centered learning and living experience distinguished by a commitment to affordability and its promotion of the Christian worldview, the foundations of free society, and the love of neighbor. The College is guided by the following five values: Faithfulness, Excellence, Community, Stewardship, and Independence.
Grove City, PA: Grove City is a borough in Mercer County, Pennsylvania, United States, located approximately 60 miles (97 km) north of Pittsburgh and 75 miles (121 km) south of Erie. It is the home General Electric; a thriving population of homeschooling families; and a number of small businesses. Historically a traditional industrial center, Grove City has manufactured locomotive engines, carriages, gas engines, foundry products, and motor trucks. At the 2010 census, the population was 8,322.
Application and Nomination Process: All correspondence relating to the position of Director of Financial Aid should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
All Applications Must Contain the Following Items:
1) A cover letter outlining your experience and expertise as it relates to The Position;
2) A complete resume highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials;
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission
Applications submitted by Monday, June 14, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Grove City College is a private educational institution noted for its academic excellence where scholarship is informed by Christian principles. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, non-job-related disability, use of a guide or support animal, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other college-administrative programs.