Nurse Practitioner Program Track Coordinator for Adult Gerontology Acute Care
- April 28, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 4, 2021
- Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications for an outstanding Nurse Practitioner Program Track Coordinator for AGAC. This Track Coordinator/faculty member will be responsible for providing online instruction, including the coordination, preparation and presentation of course materials and the evaluation of student progress. PA College seeks individuals with exceptional skill and experience in nursing education, practice, and administration to apply for this full-time, 12-month, non-tenure position (rank commensurate with experience).
- Review and revise courses and course materials.
- Lead, meet, and maintain accreditation standards.
- Oversee all adjunct faculty teaching in the track.
- Manage daily operation of the track.
- Work with the Program Director to develop a program budget and maintain program expenses.
- Actively engage in student recruitment and admissions.
- Assist in evaluation of the program and student outcomes.
- Oversee procurement of clinical sites and maintain open communication with clinical affiliates regarding student placement, program updates, and accreditation actions.
- Assist in marketing and recruitment activities.
- Advise, counsel, and consult with students to ensure progression throughout the program.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) with board certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) or as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP).
- Currently practicing as an ACNP and licensed (or eligible for licensure) as an NP in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Doctoral degree.
- Online and in-person teaching experience at the graduate level, in an NP program.
- Experience with CCNE accreditation.
About The Institution
The School of Nursing:
The PA College of Health Sciences offers a degree for every level: Associates, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral. Offering a collaborative learning environment in state-of-the-art facilities, PA College has flexible scheduling options for learners in all stages of life. Following State Board of Nursing approval in January 2019, PA College has launched three Nurse Practitioner tracks within the Graduate Nursing Department. The Graduate Nursing Department offers both Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs. These Nursing programs are taught in a blended environment, using both online as well as select on campus learning opportunities. The College supports and continually strives to achieve a collaborative balance between clinical practice and faculty obligations.
Located in Lancaster, PA College is the region’s only Health Science College. Throughout the past century, it has grown from one nursing program with a handful of students to nearly twenty degree options with over 1,800 students enrolled. PA College is affiliated with Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health which is one of the largest health systems in south central Pennsylvania.
About The Community
Established in 1742, Lancaster is home to a diverse population of 60,000 and covers seven square miles. From varied shopping, exceptional dining, noteworthy art galleries, entertainment, museums, historic buildings, and cultural and sports venues, downtown Lancaster boasts an incredibly rich heritage, history, and culture. Best known for being the hub of Pennsylvania Amish Country, Lancaster is surrounded by farmland and green spaces for camping, hiking, and other adventures.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the College’s search consultant:
Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position
- Updated CV
- Three professional references with contact information
Applications received by June 4, 2021 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
PA College of Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to an individual's race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, or disability. The College welcomes applications from individuals who can contribute to the diversity of our academic community.
PA College of Health Sciences is committed to providing all employees and prospective employees with information regarding safety and security data pursuant to the Clery Act. This information includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off- and accessible from the campus. To access this information, please click here. A printed copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the PA College Office of Security at 717-947-6152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of Security is located at 850 Greenfield Rd., Lancaster, PA, 17601.