Physician Assistant Program Director
- March 9, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- August 23, 2021
- Marietta College
Marietta College, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, is seeking a Physician Assistant Program Director. The Program Director has responsibilities for the overall development, planning, organization, administration, fiscal management, and continuous programmatic review and analysis of the Physician Assistant Program at Marietta College. The Program Director will serve as the Program’s strategic academic and operational leader by guiding the faculty in accreditation, curriculum, administration, teaching, research, and service. The Program Director is a full-time 12-month administrative position with faculty duties and will report directly to the Provost and Dean of the Faculty.
- Providing leadership to the program's overall educational activities in order to promote quality education for students;
- Developing, planning, and managing the annual budget and fiscal responsibilities of the program;
- Maintaining and ensuring departmental and programmatic quality and integrity in compliance with established required ARC-PA documents;
- Developing and conducting a meaningful assessment for faculty and staff performance evaluation;
- Providing faculty and staff development opportunities;
- Performing ongoing evaluations of program outcomes through information gathered from program graduates, clinical preceptors, and the NCCPA to assess competency of graduates in relation to program outcome objectives;
- Performing ongoing evaluations of program goals and outcomes through assessment of student performance, course/faculty evaluations, graduate assessments, PANCE performance, and other assessments;
- Evaluating student didactic and clinical performance in accordance with established objectives and performance standards;
- Supervising the medical director, principal and instructional faculty, and staff in activities that directly relate to the program;
- Coordinating and participating in the student recruitment, admissions, and selection processes;
- Participating in regional, state, and national organizations concerned with the profession in order to promote a positive image of the PA concept within the academic, lay, and professional communities;
- Participating in the recruitment of clinical faculty and promoting rapport with local physicians, PAs, and other health care providers;
- Maintaining contact with clinical affiliates and preceptors to ensure achievement of program educational objectives;
- Facilitating communication and serving as a liaison between the PA program and college administration.
- Possess a minimum of a Master's degree;
- Must be a PA and hold a current or emeritus NCCPA certification in good standing;
- Possess at least three years of full-time higher education experience;
- Possess at least four years clinical practice experience;
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others;
- Proactive problem solving approach;
- Fiscal management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Knowledge of innovative educational methods and curricular design;
- Practical knowledge of the PA profession's future as related to PA education;
- Experience with and knowledge of ARC-PA accreditation and certification procedures for PA programs.
About The Institution
Industry leaders, educated citizens, difference makers - Pioneers.
For nearly two centuries, Marietta College has stood as the beacon on the hill for young adults seeking to better their lives and to turn their life's passions into actionable good in the world. One of the finest liberal arts colleges in the nation, Marietta offers nearly 50 undergraduate programs, including the best liberal arts-based Petroleum Engineering curriculum in the nation and an Education program that boasts a 100 percent job placement for its graduates. The College also offers graduate programs in Physician Assistant Studies, Psychology and Athletic Training.
At Marietta, students learn from talented faculty members who are respected in their fields and wholly dedicated to teaching the next generation of leaders. These professors share their knowledge with students and challenge them to develop their skillsets through serious research, experiential opportunities and internships. Every student completes Marietta's rigorous General Education Curriculum, which builds strong communication skills and exposes students to new ideas and interests.
More than 25,000 living members of The Long Blue Line proudly support their alma mater and help current students gain internships and connections into their chosen industries. This support, in addition to the vibrant growth on campus, is one of the reasons why The Chronicle of Higher Education named Marietta College one of the Great Colleges to Work For.
About The Community
The first permanent settlement in the Northwest Territory, Marietta was established in 1788 and is a city of beautiful parks, two rivers, 19th-century architecture, brick streets, historical landmarks and museums. Here you'll find one of America's most robust downtowns alive with shops, restaurants and businesses. Marietta is a great place to visit, and a great place to live. Explore the City of Marietta website to learn what we have to offer you and your family.
Application and Nomination Process:
All correspondence relating to the Founding Program Director position at Marietta College should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter highlighting your professional experience;
2) A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within health-related areas; and
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will be contacted only after written permission by the candidate.
Applications submitted by August 23, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Marietta College is an equal opportunity educator and employer that values diversity. The College seeks to enhance the diversity of its faculty and staff. People of color, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Marietta College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.