Director of the Physician Assistant Program
- February 24, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- April 9, 2021
- Frostburg State University
Frostburg State University, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, is seeking a Director of the Physician Assistant Program. The University seeks qualified applicants for a Director of the Physician Assistant program. The position is available immediately, but the successful candidate must begin no later than July 1, 2021. This position is a full-time, 12-month tenure-track faculty position (open rank) with administrative responsibilities and limited teaching requirements. The PA program is based at the University System of Maryland at Hagerstown.
The Physician Assistant Program is a part of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. In the college, we are strongly committed to the idea that diversity enriches our community and enhances our students’ educational experience. We seek colleagues who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. Successful candidates will have a strong commitment to promoting diversity and fostering respect for our diverse student populations.
- Graduate of an ARC-PA Accredited PA Program;
- Current or Emeritus NCCPA Certification;
- Master’s degree required;
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Maryland;
- At least three years of higher education experience;
- Knowledge of PA program organization, administration, fiscal management, continuous programmatic review and analysis, program planning, program development, completion of ARC-PA required documents and adherence to the Standards and ARC-PA policies.
- Two or more years of clinical experience working as a physician assistant;
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience with increasing level of responsibility;
- Experience as a program director or other administrative position in an accredited PA program is highly desirable;
- Evidence of interest in research/scholarly activities;
- Participation/leadership in local, regional, or national PA or other medical organizations.
About The Institution
Frostburg State University:
A member institution of the University System of Maryland, Frostburg State University is a public, comprehensive, largely residential regional university offering programs in the sciences, education, business, the arts and humanities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. FSU prides itself on being a dynamic, learning-centered institution that emphasizes teaching with opportunities for professional development and research. More than 5,000 students enroll yearly.
About The Community
FSU is located on a scenic 260-acre campus in the mountains of Western Maryland, a region rich in history, quaint shopping areas and eclectic cafes and food choices. The Western Maryland region is considered to be a four-season outdoor mecca of recreational experiences offering activities such as; hiking, mountain biking, water sports, snow skiing/boarding, golfing, climbing, etc. Hagerstown offers easy access to major cities like Pittsburgh, Washington, DC, and Baltimore. If you are looking for insightful colleagues, energetic students, and a great place to work and call home in a region with unlimited adventure seeking opportunities, this is the place for you.
All correspondence relating to the Physician Assistant Director position at Frostburg State University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus
Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A letter of interest sharing your background and experience in PA education;
2) A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within health-related areas;
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will be contacted only after written permission; and
4) Statement outlining your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please limit your statement to one page or less.
Applications submitted by April 9, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Frostburg State University welcomes and encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply and seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. FSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify us in advance.