Founding AG-ACNP Program Director
- February 16, 2021
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- March 29, 2021
- Mary Baldwin University
Mary Baldwin University(MBU), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates (SH & A), invites doctoral prepared candidates who share MBU’s passion for inclusive education to apply for the full-time ranked position of Founding Adult Gerontology-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) Program Director. Reporting to the Director of the School of Nursing, the Program Director position is located at MBU’s branch campus at the Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in Fishersville, VA. The College’s School of Nursing is expanding to offer a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree to complement MBU’s established professional programs. MBU seeks individuals with exceptional skill and experience in nursing education, practice, and administration to apply for this full-time, 12-month, non-tenure position (rank commensurate with experience).
- Develop and oversee curriculum (classes, class structure, and content) that is current and appropriate.
- Lead, meet, and maintain accreditation standards.
- Oversee all full-time and adjunct faculty teaching in the program.
- Engage in scholarship and service.
- Manage daily operation of the program.
- Work with the Director of the School of Nursing to develop a program budget and maintain program expenses.
- Actively engage in student recruitment, admissions, and progression.
- Lead evaluation of the program and student outcomes.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Earned doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DNP) with national board certification as a nurse practitioner with a specialty in adult-gerontology acute care.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in academic leadership and teaching. Online teaching experience (including the use of learning technologies) and program administrative experience is preferred.
- Excellence in teaching pedagogical inquiry and educational innovation demonstrated through a strong teaching dossier, including a record of previous teaching accomplishments and innovations.
- Exceptional leadership skills including an ability to work effectively within a team that is comprised of multiple stakeholders such as faculty, senior administration, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to provide support and mentorship as an advocate for change and new ideas.
- Willingness to engage with the Institution and the faculty as a whole to share knowledge and expertise in the Program Director’s subject area.
- Demonstrated expertise in various Learning Management Systems (ie Blackboard, Canvas, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple OIS products.
About The Institution
The School of Nursing:
The mission of the School of Nursing is to provide high quality, rigorous online and hybrid educational programs that prepare current practitioners to be transformational and innovative nurse leaders. This mission is accomplished by fostering evidence-based practice, promoting critical decision making, engendering effective interprofessional cooperation, collaboration, and practice, and being responsive to community healthcare needs. The fully online and hybrid programs are designed to meet the needs of working nurses.
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences:
In 2014, MBU founded the beautiful Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences (MDCHS) branch campus in Fishersville, Virginia. MDCHS builds upon MBU’s historic mission in the liberal arts and sciences and ethos of leadership and service and offers professional health programs that emphasize superior education in an ever-changing healthcare environment. The College currently serves students in doctoral level PT and OT programs, masters level PA and online MHA and MSN programs, an online RN to BSN program, and other undergraduate health degrees. The College is currently developing new programs and expanding current offerings.
Mary Baldwin University:
Founded in 1842, MBU has a proud legacy of innovating to best serve students as the world changes. MBU is a small, coeducational university offering a range of degree programs from bachelor to doctoral. The University serves a diverse student population on the main campus in historic Staunton, Virginia, at MDCHS in nearby Fishersville, and MBU Online. MBU offers unique opportunities for students to become leaders in the classroom, community, workplace, and in their own lives. In 1977, MBU was the first college in Virginia to create a program for women and men to earn their degrees later in life. With the opening of the College of Health Sciences in 2014, MBU established one of the first dozen doctoral programs of occupational therapy in the nation. In 2017, the University expanded on its long tradition of student-centered excellence to welcome its first residential men to campus. However, MBU also continues to offer special residential programs open only to women, including the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted and the Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership. Together students, faculty, staff, and alumni create a community dedicated to bringing out the best in small, private education.
About The Community
The Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley and at a crossroads of culture and beautiful natural scenery. The hilltop campus is designed with a healthy lifestyle in mind with walking trails, access to fitness facilities, and amazing mountain views. Fishersville is just a short drive from Staunton, named among Smithsonian magazine’s “20 Best Small Towns in America,” brimming simultaneously with historical architecture, cultural attractions, eclectic shops, and foodie-friendly dining. Nearby Waynesboro is home to the Shenandoah Valley Art Center. Travel a bit farther east on I-64, to discover an abundance of music, fine arts, theatre, and historic offerings in Charlottesville.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position
- Updated CV
- Three professional references with contact information.
Applications received by March 29, 2021 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Mary Baldwin University does not discriminate on the basis of sex (except that only women are admitted to Mary Baldwin College for Women), nor does the University discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, age, disability, religion, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation in its educational programs, admissions, co-curricular or other activities, or employment practices.