Founding Program Director: Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program
- November 25, 2020
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- January 8, 2021
- Drury University
Drury University, in partnership with the national search firm, Scott Healy & Associates, is seeking a Founding Program Director for their Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) program. The MPAS program is slated to begin in August 2023 and will be the first graduate healthcare program among several planned within the newly established School of Health Sciences at Drury. The successful candidate will 1) be an experienced leader who will oversee the proposed MPAS program's development, including fiscal planning, curriculum development, and hiring of principal faculty and support staff; 2) coordinate the preparation of all protocols, standards, and documents required for initial ARC–PA provisional accreditation; and 3) grow and lead the new MPAS program to meet Drury's purpose of transforming student lives through personalized education.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conveying the mission and vision of the program;
- Providing effective leadership and management of all facets of the program;
- Recruiting quality program faculty and support staff;
- Designing, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the curriculum;
- Supervising and evaluating all program faculty and staff;
- Overseeing the recruitment, orientation, and academic progress of all PA students;
- Leading program development, planning, and quality enhancement activities;
- Leading data collection, assessment, and strategic planning for ARC–PA accreditation;
- Overseeing fiscal resources and development of facilities needed for the program;
- Developing partnerships to secure additional sites for clinical practice experiences;
- Teaching in areas of expertise as time allows; and
- Representing the program within the community and to healthcare organizations.
- Masters level degree from an ARC–PA accredited program;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in PA education;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical practice as PA;
- Current NCCPA certification and eligible for licensure in the state of Missouri;
- Experience as a Program Director or Associate Director; and
- Experience with the ARC–PA accreditation process.
About The Institution
Drury University, a small liberal arts institution located in Springfield, Missouri, is known for its student-centered approach to education. The University's rigorous academic environment, intentional professional development experiences, and many professional clubs and organizations produce students who are prepared to be the next generation of leaders in their chosen careers. Drury's dedicated and conscientious mentoring of students allow them to explore their personalities and many career options to find their best professional paths.
Drury is regularly recognized by national publications for its high quality programs, highlighting it as the private university of choice in the Midwest for ambitious students seeking a liberal arts education integrated with selective professional programs. The University has been a catalyst for progressive changes in the region since its inception in 1873, and continues to be a leader in transformative educational experiences. Drury recently developed a number of new undergraduate and graduate programs, began construction of a nearly 60,000 square foot Enterprise Center and Executive Conference Center, and procured resources for the new School of Health Sciences. Importantly, planning is underway for a major capital campaign to mark Drury's 150th anniversary in 2023. These efforts, along with many other initiatives, position the University to expand its work to equip graduates for meaningful lives of work and service for generations to come.
About The Community
Springfield is the third largest city in the state of Missouri and the county seat of Greene County. With more than 456,000 people in the metro area and millions of tourists each year, Springfield is rich with interesting and entertaining attractions, more than 850 dining options and a variety of shopping and cultural activities. Living in Springfield is easy. It has a plentiful and growing job market, great schools, excellent health care, distinctive entertainment, and a wonderful culture—overflowing with abundant character and friendliness. All at the same time, you can fast-track your career, afford the home you’ve always wanted, simplify your commute, and enrich your life amid the natural Ozarks beauty. Among Springfield's finest assets are its beautiful scenery and clean environment, something community leaders are striving to maintain through a variety of programs and sustainable building projects.
Application and Nomination Process:
All correspondence relating to the Founding Program Director position at Drury University should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter highlighting your professional experience;
2) A complete CV outlining your career in higher education and within health-related areas; and
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will be contacted only after written permission.
Applications submitted by January 8, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Drury University is an open and welcoming community from a rich variety of cultures, races and socio-economic backgrounds. The mission and goals of the university dedicate the institution to being a community which “affirms the quality and worth of all peoples” and appreciates the “diversity of human culture, language, history and experience.”
Drury University does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or veteran status in its programs and activities.