Director of Clinical Education, Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MSPA)
- October 13, 2020
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- November 13, 2020
- Keck Graduate Institute
Keck Graduate Institute (KGI), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the Director of Clinical Education (DCE), Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MSPA) Program. The KGI School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is seeking a DCE to support a new Master of Science Program in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPA). The program is scheduled to launch in the fall of 2022 and will complement current programs in Pharmacy, Genetic Counseling, Genomic Data Analytics, and a planned Occupational Therapy program in 2022. A new allopathic medical school is also in development at KGI.
The Director of Clinical Education will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of the clinical phase of the Physician Assistant (PA) program. The Director of Clinical Education must possess strong leadership, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. The Director of Clinical Education will report directly to the Program Director and work collaboratively with PA faculty and preceptors to ensure the clinical phase of the PA program is in full compliance with ARC-PA Standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Oversee design, implementation, coordination, evaluation, and long-term management of the clinical curriculum, which includes ensuring the clinical phase is fully compliant with ARC-PA Standards;
- Lead the evaluation and assessment of the clinical phase, which includes the collection, critical analysis, thoughtful interpretation, and reporting of data related to the clinical curriculum and supervised clinical practice experiences (SCPEs);
- Manage clinical site development and ongoing clinical site monitoring to ensure the quality and sufficiency of SCPEs;
- Assist the Physician Assistant (PA) program and KGI with the process of obtaining provisional accreditation;
- Provide high-quality student instruction and teaches in areas of clinical expertise;
- Evaluate student performance;
- Engage in the academic counseling of students;
- Provide remedial instruction as needed;
- Participate in ongoing accreditation activities, as well as continuous programmatic evaluation and curricular outcomes assessment;
- Collaborate with Program Director and principal faculty to develop, review, and revise the mission statement, goals, and competencies of the program as necessary;
- Participate in the PA program’s admissions process, including recruitment, review of applications, evaluation of candidates, and final selection for admission;
- Engage in faculty development activities through ongoing clinical practice and/or continuous education in order to remain aware of issues impacting Physician Assistant education and clinical practice;
- Foster academic and clinical collaborations with other programs in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Henry E. Riggs School of Applied Life Sciences, and the KGI Medical School;
- Engage in active scholarship and service;
- Serve in appropriate committees in the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences;
- Perform other duties as determined by the Program Director and/or the Dean of the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Work with a diverse campus community and possess a commitment to equity and inclusion.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Master's Degree from an ARC-PA accredited program;
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience;
- Prior higher education experience in a Physician Assistant program for 2 years is highly preferred;
- Current NCCPA certification and PA licensure or eligibility for a PA licensure in California;
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience;
- Knowledge of and experience with ARC-PA Standards is highly preferred;
- Strong commitment to student success and innovative education.
About The Institution
Keck Graduate Institute
Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) was founded in 1997 as the first higher education institution in the United States dedicated exclusively to education and research related to the applied life sciences. KGI offers innovative postgraduate degrees and certificates that integrate life and health sciences, business, pharmacy, engineering, and genetics, with a focus on industry projects, hands-on industry experiences, and team collaborations. KGI employs an entrepreneurial approach and industry connections that provide pathways for students to become leaders within healthcare and the applied life sciences.
Located in beautiful Claremont, California, Keck Graduate Institute is a member of the Claremont Colleges, a consortium of five undergraduate liberal arts colleges, two graduate institutions, and The Claremont Colleges Services, which provides shared institutional support services. The Claremont Colleges consistently place at the top of national college rankings, including Forbes, Money and U.S. News and World Report and the Princeton Review. Each nationally recognized college has its own campus, students and faculty, and distinctive mission, and each offers top-notch curricula, small classes, distinguished professors and personalized instruction. To learn more, please visit https://www.kgi.edu/.
All applicants for the DCE position are directed to apply here: https://bit.ly/34EC64k
All other correspondence relating to the position of Director of Clinical Education, Master of Physician Assistant Studies Program (MSPA) at Keck Graduate Institute, should be directed in confidence to the Institute’s executive search consultant:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter highlighting your professional experience and your vision for the clinical phase of this new program;
2) A complete CV outlining your career and educational credentials;
3) The names of three professional references, including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without written permission.
Applications submitted by November 13, 2020, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Keck Graduate Institute is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all terms and conditions of employment. KGI strongly encourages candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.