Program Director, MSN/FNP
- October 6, 2020
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- November 9, 2020
- Saint Francis University
Saint Francis University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, is pleased to announce a search for a Program Director, MSN/FNP. This position reports to the Associate Dean of the School of Health Sciences and Education and is a full-time, tenured/nontenured, director/faculty position in the University’s Department of Nursing MSN/FNP and Post Master’s FNP Programs. The new Director will guide the program in an exciting time of collaboration with rural community partners to foster quality preparation of family nurse practitioners for a competitive marketplace. The Director will also work to enhance teaching and learning goals, and to continue the exceptional outcomes within the program.
Saint Francis University seeks applicants that reflect the diversity of its student body and the community they serve. Applicants who have experience working with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and students, and who can contribute to an inclusive climate are encouraged to identify their experiences in these areas. Rank will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
The Program Director’s Responsibilities: This individual will have significant responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic, regulatory, and clinical coordination of the MSN/FNP and Post Master’s FNP programs;
- Participation in the self-study visit for the FNP and Post Master’s FNP, maintenance of CCNE accreditation and State Board of Nursing requirements, and submission of all required documentation;
- Oversight of all administrative aspects of the programs including coordination and curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Recruitment of preceptors and initiation and on-going communication and correspondence between academic and clinical sites as the primary liaison with clinical sites;
- Oversight of admission process, recruitment, and advising;
- Teaching a reduced /appropriate course load in the FNP/MSN program.
This individual will possess:
- A master’s and doctorate degree in nursing from an accredited institution, or the ability to complete a doctoral degree by December 2023;
- Board Certification as an FNP;
- An unencumbered RN license in PA or eligibility for licensure in PA;
- An unencumbered FNP certification in PA or eligibility for certification in PA;
- A commitment to prepare FNP students for practice;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship;
- An interest and passion for health care in rural and under-served populations.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in online teaching, simulation instruction, course development, and program accreditation.
About The Institution
About the School of Health Sciences and Education:
Saint Francis of Assisi had a legendary gift for caring. Saint Francis University, in turn, has helped thousands of students find their vocations in healthcare. In our School of Health Sciences and Education you will find innovative educational opportunities and experiences to prepare you to provide competent, compassionate, and ethical care to regional and global communities including the medically under-served in rural areas.
About Saint Francis University:
Saint Francis University is one of the oldest Catholic universities in the country, and the oldest celebrating Franciscan values. Our scenic campus sits on a mountain top in Loretto, PA, near Pittsburgh. Our university motto “become that someone” speaks to our Catholic-Franciscan mission to help students become compassionate, caring, successful professionals. The values of faith, generosity, respect, discovery, and joy run deep in our culture and attract students with a desire to become that someone who makes a difference in the lives of others. Saint Francis University offers undergraduate programs in the liberal arts tradition, graduate and professional programs of study that emphasize personal and professional ethics, and continuing education opportunities for personal and career enhancement. We seek to inspire in all members of the University community a love of lifelong learning and a commitment to share their gifts and skills generously with others in a rapidly changing world.
About The Community
About the greater Loretto, PA community:
Saint Francis isn't just near the great outdoors--it is the great outdoors. High in the Laurel Highlands of PA, you will find a home away from home in this vibrant and safe campus community full of student activities, leadership opportunities and spiritual programs.
Home to an impressive museum of art, Loretto also boasts beautiful waterfalls, a ghost town trail, several railroad interest sites, gorgeous parks and gardens with miles of hiking and mountain biking trails, and a Double-A baseball team in nearby Altoona. Located 70 miles east of Pittsburgh, Loretto is a peaceful small town with great surrounding areas for shopping and activities.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Three professional references with contact information.
Applications received by November 9, 2020, will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Saint Francis University is committed to diversity of students, staff, and faculty, and encourages applications from historically underrepresented individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. AA/EOE.