Founding Director of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
- July 30, 2020
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- September 9, 2020
- Manchester University
Manchester University, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, is pleased to announce a search for a Founding Director of the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented PT leader to develop, launch, and administer a new program in Fort Wayne that will serve the Northeast Indiana region. We are looking for a physical therapist who has significant experience in program development and in working with CAPTE throughout the accreditation process. The Director will report to the Vice President for Health Science Initiatives.
The Founding Director’s Responsibilities: This individual will have significant responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) to ensure compliance with all timelines, statutes and regulations pertaining to new physical therapy program development;
- Developing the annual budget;
- Overseeing curriculum development and implementation;
- Building new partnerships with hospital and community leaders;
- Scheduling classes;
- Teaching in the program;
- Hiring and building a dynamic faculty;
- Encouraging faculty professional development;
- Creating a collegial and supportive departmental culture that promotes teamwork, a highly engaged faulty and a positive esprit de corps;
- Developing a culture of student success throughout the program, culminating in confident graduates as they prepare to take the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE);
- Working with enrollment management to develop recruitment and marketing strategies to attract the most qualified doctoral students;
- Taking part in the admissions and recruitment process as needed.
- An earned academic doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, etc.); preference will be given to candidates with an additional DPT;
- Applicants must be a licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Indiana, or license eligible for Indiana licensure and transfer of license within six (6) months of hire;
- Knowledge of the CAPTE accreditation process with previous experience with the self-study process is required;
- Minimum of six (6) years full-time experience and teaching in higher education with a minimum of three (3) years of full-time experience in a physical therapist education program. DPT experience preferred. Experience with curriculum outcomes assessment and program evaluation;
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a practicing physical therapist;
- Demonstrated record of service to the profession;
- Strong teaching evaluations.
About The Institution
About the College of Pharmacy, Natural & Health Sciences:
Manchester’s College of Pharmacy, Natural & Health Sciences offers comprehensive training to prepare students to effectively serve their communities. Future doctors, pharmacists, engineers and innovators find the support they need through Manchester’s challenging curriculums, state-of-the-art facilities and immersive opportunities.
About Manchester University:
Manchester University offers more than 70 areas of undergraduate study, three master's programs (accountancy, athletic training and pharmacogenomics) and a professional doctorate in pharmacy to approximately 1,400 students from 26 states and 19 countries. The independent, liberal arts school is located in North Manchester, Indiana, where 73 percent of the students live on the 120-acre campus. At Manchester, home of the nation’s first peace studies program, service and service learning is woven into the fabric of the College.
Our four-year Doctor of Pharmacy program, as well as the athletic training and pharmacogenomics master's programs, are on the Fort Wayne campus.
For a small private school that enrolls less than 2000 students each year, Manchester boasts a large number of exceptional alumni. They include Dan West, the founder of Heifer International; Paul Flory, who earned the Nobel Prize in Chemistry; Roy Plunket, who discovered Teflon; Gene Likens, discoverer of the existence of acid rain in North America; and Jane Henney, the first female commissioner of the FDA.
College guides love Manchester. Year after year, Manchester receives acclaim from popular guides for college-bound students for its exceptional academic program. The 2019 America’s Best Colleges guide of U.S.News & World Report ranks Manchester University eighth in the Midwest in its "Great Schools, Great Prices" ranking. Manchester has received the “Best College” ranking for 25 consecutive years. The Princeton Review college guide also consistently ranks Manchester as a "Best in the Midwest."
About The Community
About the greater Fort Wayne, IN, community:
Fort Wayne is a great place to live. Money Magazine, the U.S. Conference of Mayors, All-America City Awards, Business Week, and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development have all awarded our community for our outstanding quality of life.
In addition, Fort Wayne boasts one of the lowest costs of living, making it possible for residents to own their dream homes. Healthcare is the largest employer in the region and the city is home to two major healthcare networks - each with a number of specialty hospital and outpatient facilities.
And for families with education and recreation in mind, Northeast Indiana offers the best of both worlds. The region is blessed with first rate college and trade school educational opportunities, and over 400 natural lakes for relaxing weekend getaways. Combine the progressive business climate, solid educational opportunities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment options, and residents soon find their home in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Please submit all applications and nominations electronically to the University’s search consultant:
Assistant Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
Complete applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the position;
- Updated CV;
- Evidence of effective teaching (teaching evaluations).
Applications received by September 9, 2020, will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Manchester University seeks a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.