Director of the Physician Assistant Program
- September 1, 2020
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- June 22, 2021
- Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Physician Assistant Program. The Director of the Physician Assistant Program is responsible for the administration and operation of the program in compliance with the requirements of the University and the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc. (ARC-PA). Details about all aspects of the program may be found here. This is a twelve-month, tenure track position and reports directly to the Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Technology (CHST).
RIT is seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
The Program Director is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the program’s organization and administration, providing effective leadership and management;
- Provide knowledge, insight, and overall responsibility for the accreditation process and maintain compliance with the Accreditation Standards for Physician Assistant Education;
- Maintain continuous review and approval of program content and course sequencing;
- Actively participate in teaching;
- Oversee fiscal management as it relates to daily and long-range planning and development;
- Maintain responsibility for the overall planning and development of the program;
- Facilitate student recruitment, in conjunction with the Office of Admissions and the College of Health Sciences and Technology;
- Oversee and coordinate all student academic advisement in collaboration with the CHST Assistant Dean’s office staff;
- Provide effective leadership and strategic direction with transparent communication with faculty, staff, and students;
- Conduct performance appraisals and Plan of Work exercises for faculty and staff development;
- Oversee the PA Program Advisory Board and PA Admissions Committee;
- Oversee and coordinate the program admission process, in conjunction with the Office of Admissions;
- Provide instruction, guidance, and support to program staff and adjunct faculty who coordinate, supervise, instruct, and evaluate all students;
- Provide supervision/mentorship to the Medical Director, faculty, and staff in all activities directly relating to the PA Program;
- Oversee process to determine student awards and program, university, and community events.
Professional and Scholarly Activities:
- Maintain professional certification and registration;
- Participate in scholarly activities in keeping with University/College expectations;
- Participate in local, regional, and/or national professional organizations and attend meetings when possible;
- Maintain current clinical expertise;
- Maintain contact with local professional medical community.
- Participate in program meetings; recruitment, admission, and graduation events;
- Participate in committee assignments, at the programmatic, College, and University level (when possible and applicable);
- Voluntary community activities are strongly encouraged.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Master's degree;
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as faculty and administrator in an accredited PA program;
- Certified graduate of an accredited program in Physician Assistant;
- Current professional certification and New York State licensure (or eligibility);
- Five years of clinical experience;
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
About The Institution
At Rochester Institute of Technology, we shape the future and improve the world through creativity and innovation. Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a diverse and collaborative community of engaged, socially conscious, and intellectually curious minds. Through creativity and innovation, and an intentional blending of technology, the arts and design, we provide exceptional individuals with a wide range of academic opportunities, including a leading research program and an internationally recognized education for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Beyond our main campus in Rochester, New York, RIT has international campuses in China, Croatia, Dubai, and Kosovo. And with nearly 19,000 students and more than 135,000 graduates from all 50 states and over 100 nations, RIT is driving progress in industries and communities around the world. At RIT, we are always on to something amazing.
The College of Health Sciences and Technology:
We are poised to transform the quality, safety, and affordability of health care. By combining technology and medicine, we seek to educate 21st century healthcare professionals, develop new patient-focused programs and systems, effectively assess community needs, and develop and apply innovative healthcare delivery practice.
About The Community
The Rochester, NY Community:
From Rochester’s wide-ranging culinary scene to visiting one of the many festivals Rochester hosts or even stopping by the mall to explore a shopper’s paradise, you are sure to find something to love. Situated just 15 minutes south of bustling downtown Rochester, students, faculty, and staff at RIT enjoy a wide array of activities. Rochester boasts over 140 festivals and events year-round, over 12,000 acres of parkland, numerous family friendly attractions, and close access to beautiful Lake Ontario.
Applications and Nominations:
All correspondence relating to the position of Director of Physician Assistant Program at RIT, should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive search consultant:
Mr. Christopher S. Healy, Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application must contain the following information:
1) A cover letter addressing the required qualifications for this position;
2) A curriculum vitae;
3) The names and contact information of three references;
4) A Statement of Diversity Contribution.
Applications submitted by May 17, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the workplace. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities. RIT provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities under the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the New York Human Rights Law, or similar applicable law. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to your application for employment at RIT, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu.