Program Director of the Master of Social Work Program
- August 28, 2020
- Priority Deadline to Apply:
- September 25, 2020
- Carroll College
Carroll College, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the full-time Program Director of Carroll’s new Master of Social Work Program. Carroll’s vision for this program is to deliver a clinically focused curriculum in a hybrid learning environment to serve the needs of rural Montana and the greater Northwest. The Program Director will serve as the leader and chief academic officer of this program, and will be responsible for the effective day-to-day communication, program assessment and planning, fiscal management and evaluation of faculty. This person will serve to develop and implement the strategic plan, and will provide guidance and oversight through the initial and ongoing accreditation process as the College prepares to seat its first class of students. This includes the hiring of additional program faculty, recruitment of the student class, and management of the budget. This position reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and is a 12-month tenure-track appointment at the rank of assistant professor or above, depending upon academic experience and credentials.
The Program Director will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and administering the Master of Social Work program including seeking accreditation from the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE);
- Hiring, mentoring, and evaluating instructional and clinical faculty and staff in the program;
- Curriculum development and continuous programmatic review and assessment to ensure the program remains in compliance with CSWE accreditation;
- Planning and scheduling courses, as well as teaching courses in the program as assigned;
- Overseeing recruitment efforts and managing the admissions review process;
- Developing partnerships with local and regional agencies to identify appropriate clinical placements and nurture on-going support and collaboration;
- Serving as the chief budgetary officer of the program;
- Working closely with the Office of Institutional Advancement to develop and maintain relationships with the philanthropic community for the purpose of obtaining scholarships, endowed faculty positions, and monetary donations to the program;
- Maintaining appropriate scholarly engagement.
The ideal candidate should have:
- MSW from a CSWE accredited program with a doctorate;
- A minimum of 5 years of post-MSW practice and teaching experience and program administration in social work academia (may be simultaneous). At least three years of experience teaching within a social work program;
- A record of demonstrated successful leadership, program development, organizational planning as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- A record of accomplishment in scholarship, teaching and/or service eligible for academic appointment at the rank of assistant or associate professor;
- Evidence of leadership and innovation within the field of social work or a closely aligned discipline;
- Experience with the social work accreditation process, including a familiarity with the self-study process, submission guidelines and timelines for accreditation;
- Academic experience with skills and experience in instructional design and course development, especially for distance and online teaching;
- Experience with teaching and delivering content using online modalities and/or developing and supervising online and distance programs;
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective and constructive collaborative relationships with faculty and administration throughout the College;
- Ability to support Carroll College’s mission;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
About The Institution
Carroll College is an independent, Catholic, diocesan, liberal arts college located in Helena, MT. The campus has twenty-one buildings spread across sixty-three acres of prime real-estate on the edge of downtown Helena, MT. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks us the #1 Regional College in the West (last 9 consecutive years), the #2 Regional Best Value College in the West, and the #1 Regional College in the West for Veterans—our students and faculty excel. There’s a shared spirit of togetherness at Carroll that is truly exceptional. We believe in each other, challenge each other, inspire and support each other, every day. We believe in being curious and using that curiosity to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We have heart, and you’ll feel it the moment you step on campus.
Our community lives its faith every day through a Catholic liberal arts tradition of service and social justice. Rooted in an ecumenical tradition, Carroll College has at its heart a combination of Catholic values and a strong belief in the value of other faith traditions. In this community, where all are welcomed and respected, spirituality is nurtured and the logical extension of that spirituality—compassion and generosity—highly encouraged. At Carroll, Catholic social teachings are put into action. The result: an engaged student body committed to helping others as they carve out their own futures.
About The Community
Idyllic. That, in a word, best describes Carroll College’s setting in Helena, Montana which is located the heart of the Rockies. We enjoy a truly special relationship with the Helena community, and our students enjoy the kind of lifestyle here that very few colleges or universities in the country can match.
A community that Livability ranked #27 on their Top 100 Best Places to Live survey, and with a population of just over 30,000—as well as another 60,000 in the surrounding county—Helena offers an intimacy and small-town feel that is unmistakable, while at the same time delivering world-class opportunities for outdoor recreation, academics and internships, and arts and culture. In Helena, your moments are waiting.
Situated in west central Montana, and surrounded by the Rocky Mountains and the Helena-Lewis and Clark National Forest, Helena offers an abundance of distinctive outdoor opportunities with more than 75 miles of hiking and biking trails with access less than one mile from campus., You will find downhill skiing at the Great Divide Ski area, less than 25 minutes from campus. Helena is in close proximity to the Continental Divide Trail, natural hot springs, and the Missouri River with Blue Ribbon trout fishing. Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park are each less than four hours away.
The arts thrive in Helena. Here, you’ll find a vibrant community of artists, actors, singers, and performers who share their talents and creativity every day. You can explore the Holter Museum of Modern Art or the world-renowned Archie Bray Foundation, as well as many other art galleries downtown. The Helena Symphony is one of the hottest tickets in town all year long, as are the performances at the Montana Shakespeare Company, Grandstreet Theatre, and Myrna Loy Center. And you’ll find jazz festivals, art shows, rodeos, sled dog races, and microbrew reviews happening throughout the year.
All correspondence relating to the position of Program Director of the Master of Social Work Program at Carroll College should be directed in confidence to the College’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
The full and complete application should contain the following information:
1) A cover letter outlining your experience as it relates to this position. Special attention will be paid to those applicants who have initiated or developed a Master’s program.
2) A complete CV highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials.
3) The names of three professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. References will not be contacted without permission.
4) A response to Carroll’s mission statement.
Applications submitted by September 25, 2020, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Carroll College is an Equal Opportunity employer.